Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did anyone experience anything "Different" or "special" or "out of the

ordinary" during an ordinary day, or Ride? Anything "Cool" happen to you?

Did You Do anything new? Something you Never tried before?

This weekend, I put together my first integrated tail light kit. It didn't come with instructions (the guy who I bought my bike from just handed it to me) so i had to YouTube How to do it. Ran into some problems. ended up blowing like 3 fuses. I had to not only take off my seat cowl, I had to take off my left mid-front fairings to reach the fuse boxes.
So This weekend, I got TURN SIGNALS! haha and I learned A lot about my bike and how to put it back together, take it apart. and where some precious "need-to-know" elements of the bike are.

Whats your story?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Almost got ripped of my bike earlier today. I was sitting at a light, facing up a hill. Light turned green and i took off. I havn't really been all that hard on the throttle until this weekend, short shifting mostly and being soft on the throttle. I decided to rip her through 1st and 2nd, and wasn't really anticipating the torque that kicks in the higher rpm range. Luckily, i was able to back off the throttle and pull my upper torso back down, big "oh Sh*t" moment there. Good reminder of proper riding posture, and learning your bikes capabilities, and as always respecting those capabilities and NOT under estimating them. I've never had that feeling before on the bike, glad i was able to correct it, I'd still say to an experienced rider i was riding like a whimp.. The bike would have thrown me in the same situation if i was riding harder.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Different and special.. thats daily for me lol
lets see.. made a hard core gang banger cry..
made a fool out of a arian brother infront of his brothers...
Almost merc'd my neibors stupid ass dog
installed my pink rims on my bike.. lol

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I rode for 6 hours for 175 miles in the canyons and twisties down in the Southbay. My back & ass was sore afterwards, but it was well worth it!

I just got back from riding from downtown san mateo to mountain view. then el camino to redwood city, then the freeway to belmont. about a nice hour ride, alone. gunning it and going slow. sounds like the hand fun so it def was worth it im sure!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Almost got ripped of my bike earlier today. I was sitting at a light, facing up a hill. Light turned green and i took off. I havn't really been all that hard on the throttle until this weekend, short shifting mostly and being soft on the throttle. I decided to rip her through 1st and 2nd, and wasn't really anticipating the torque that kicks in the higher rpm range. Luckily, i was able to back off the throttle and pull my upper torso back down, big "oh Sh*t" moment there. Good reminder of proper riding posture, and learning your bikes capabilities, and as always respecting those capabilities and NOT under estimating them. I've never had that feeling before on the bike, glad i was able to correct it, I'd still say to an experienced rider i was riding like a whimp.. The bike would have thrown me in the same situation if i was riding harder.

had a similar experience on friday. I was at a light, and some blonde girls saw my bike, and pointed their car towards me. I got frightened (since im a new rider) that they were gonna hit me, I thought to myself " i gotta get away from these girls or they are gonna hit me" so when the light turned green i totally gave it more throttle then clutch, and out of sheer stupidty i just let go of the clutch. my back wheel spun a bit, then i took off, lifting up into a sit down wheelie. I wheelied completely across the intersection, before tapping the back brake *thank you bmx experience* and the front end lowered gently. But i had that " Oh Sh*t" moment myself. So i know how your feeling. I almost got thrown off!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
metal gear. sounds like a BEAST ass weekend! I like dogs though. Cats are a different story lol

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
please do elaborate

like he said.. elaborate i wanna hear this!!!!!!!! lol
watch this epic video! i LOVE the song. It goes with the riding. When i start doing turns long turns and short.. this song plays in my head and Im Guy Martin for 30 seconds lol

·
Registered
760 Posts
please do elaborate
Gang banger= bullied his grandma into bringing dope into a prison. my team caught her. I gave him a stern talking to that ended with him crying.

AB'er is a fish in the system and thought he was cute by bull dogging one of my lower officers by acting like he was going to assault them. I afforded him the opportunity to do so with me infront of his entire unit. He didnt jump so I sent him into his cell like a little kid.

Nothing mean or over the top just good old fassion mind games that come with experience in my business.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lulz!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Weekend group rides always have adventure. My favorite to date was sitting in clearwater when a hatcback comes, wheels screaching, into the parking lot and stops. A very "colorfull" male steps out of the driver side walks around and rips another (also "colorfull") man out of the passenger seat and throws him on the ground. As the man lay there the driver looks at him and screams in a "colorfull tone" "My name is not David, my name is not Thomas, and my name is most certainly not Alex, so get the F**k out of my car and call a taxi b*tch. And lose my number" Gets back in the car and peels out leaving the passenger in a cloud of dust. Cant imagine what was going through his head when he looked up and saw a gang of 60+ bikes staring in shock at a situation too hilarious to be true.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Havent been afforded the opportunity to ride much at night but managed to get some riding in tonight to go hang out with the boys... planned a las vegas weekend to head out to see Formula D... I might ride if I can get one of my boys to ride with me..

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
weekend group rides always have adventure. My favorite to date was sitting in clearwater when a hatcback comes, wheels screaching, into the parking lot and stops. A very "colorfull" male steps out of the driver side walks around and rips another (also "colorfull") man out of the passenger seat and throws him on the ground. As the man lay there the driver looks at him and screams in a "colorfull tone" "my name is not david, my name is not thomas, and my name is most certainly not alex, so get the f**k out of my car and call a taxi b*tch. And lose my number" gets back in the car and peels out leaving the passenger in a cloud of dust. Cant imagine what was going through his head when he looked up and saw a gang of 60+ bikes staring in shock at a situation too hilarious to be true.

epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Havent been afforded the opportunity to ride much at night but managed to get some riding in tonight to go hang out with the boys... planned a las vegas weekend to head out to see Formula D... I might ride if I can get one of my boys to ride with me..

A Vegas Ride Would Be SIIIIIICCCKKK!!!!!!! Good Luck Hombre!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
rode it to the hopsital to visit my buddy who had just broken his shoulder falling off his'

That sucks! Your a good friend. I think I say it on behalf Of everyone here, in wishing your friend a healthy and speedy recovery and he can get back on his steed soon!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts