Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know almost everyone wants to lose weight and look better, so here we go..

Ok.. the challenge is up again.. this was done before a while back with many participants and some great success... i went from about 205 down to 180..

so lets get the challenge up and going again..

what we need is your actual weight right now.. either clothed or not clothed, just keep your weigh-ins consitant. also we we need to know what your desired weight is. so we need to know much you plan on losing and what time frame you plan to lose it in.

so we also need someone who can make a database to keep track of this stuff and post and update it for us..

i will start out..

i started my challenge about 6 days ago.. my daily calorie intake was probably between 4500-5000 per day. im 5'11" and my weight a week ago clothed was 211.. since then 6 days later with about 1000 calorie intake and lots of water, im down to about 204-203 right now...

so the challenge is on and im in.. my target is 180.. im not sure of a time frame, just about 1000 calories a day till i get there..

so who wants in and who is next????

·
Selling your soul?? I'm buying
2,025 Posts
thats not too safe bro, to cut your calories down that fast, and to lose that much weight that fast. but do what you want. its only my major.

·
2,025 Posts
first off why was your calorie intake at 4500 to 5000 a day? thats a **** load, are you aure it was that high?
how hard and often do you work out?
i would cut your calories like by 500 total a day, not 4000 a day, that would probably send you to the hospital pretty quick. so my advise would to cut 500 calories out of your total eatting habbit, and cut all the empty calories, ie cokes, chips, candy....
also i would try to not loss more than 3- 5 pounds at the most a week. more than that puts a lot of stess on you body and heart.
remember carbs and fats are not the enemy, but excessive amounts are. you want a good diet of 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat. some fats are good for you and also do not take in more protein than needed. excess protein will turn in to fat. a lot of bodybuilders or young kid who think that well 150 grams of protein is good, then 300 grams of protein is better, this is just not right.

·
2,025 Posts
tell me your goals, more than from 211 to 180. how often do you workout and what is your workouts consist off and how hard. what do you eat.
a great place to go to see how your diet is.................. www.mypyramid.gov
check it out, it helps out a lot, i had to use that site a lot in my classes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
you shouldn't starve your body it will cause you to retain fat when you push calories again. the cuts you are doing are simmilar to high school wrestling. You can loose weight fast but did you ever meet an x wrestler who cut weight growing up and was still skinny? they always get fat. keep the calories as 3500 for now and begin working on your cardio vascular do not walk or jog less than 20 minutes a day. anything after 20 is where your body begins to build better stamina. in two weeks push it to 35 minutes and cut off another 300 calories. i wouldn't decreese more than that for a month or so. but keep increasing your jog time. to 45 minutes. this will give you alot of stamina you will be able to participate in more activities for longer periods of time. we usually play football on saturdays and in january we start practice for semipro-8 man football. Anyway pick a physical sport with alot of stop and go. You will soon realize that your fitness, weight, stamina, mental state will all be in balance.

·
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well here is some history to the situation...

in the high-school days i was huge into running and baseball.. again we are talking about 7 years ago. when i was in high-school i would run upwards of 55-60 miles per week and i was about 5'11" 140. my best mile tim was 4:45. granted since then my body has developed and i have gained alot of muscle as well as fat. i have been huge into sports all my life and this is the heaviest that i have ever been. i play hockey and baseball still, last summer i was about 185 lbs. that is about where my body wants to be. since then and especially over the winter i have gotten careless and eaten everything in sight...

a typical day would consist of.here is just an example of an average day... bagel sandwich with bacon,egg,cheese. quart of chocolate milk... between 3-4 sodas.. around 2 candybars, for lunch, footlong sub, turkey, cheese,lettuce,tomato,half bag of chips or french fries, some snacks in between consisting of gronola bars or such, dinner would consist of mosly chicken 1-2 bonless breasts, vegatable, maybe some rice/potato, then for snacks, some cookies, cake, milk, ..

i would say defientelly 4000 clories no problem with the stuff i ate and drank.. clearly...

but again i know my weight and my body and my weight should be around

as far as the shape im in.. no doubt i could go out and run 5 miles or so no problem.. and i mean run not jog.. i have alot of running in the past.. so running isnt a problem at all.. right now i could run a mile around 6:00-6:15 mark.

·
Tell me I'm cool PLEASE!
811 Posts
I'm in. I'm 6'0'' 213. Want get to 175 in 6 mos.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Good idea, maybe 6 months or a year for the long term goal. January 1st I was at 254 lbs, today I wieigh in at 203. I still want to lose about 10-15 pounds of fat. I will start working out on a regular basis when I hit 200 even, that's my plan anyways.
Here's what I've done so far to accomplish it.
1) Stopped buying snack foods, it was nothing for my family (me, wife, 10 y/o son) to go through 2 or 3 boxes of snack cakes a week - replaced them with fruit.
2) McDonalds is not a food group, went from at least one meal a day (supersized of course) to maybe getting something off the dollar menu a few times a week. Saved me some cash at lunchime too.
3) Physical activity - instead of looking at mowing the lawn or washing the car as a chore, I used it as an opportunity to get some outside activity. I even go over the lawn twice now to make sure it looks good, also bag it now.
4) Bought me a new bicycle - kind of goes with the above item, but shelled out $400 on a new Trek mountain bike. Nothing real fancy but sturdy enough to put on a few miles a day on. Started riding to work (5 miles each way) and try to ride a few miles each evening. Recently this has saved me a few bucks a week on fuel too.

That's about it for me. The way I see it I only spend a few extra hours a week and not really any extra cash and I've become more physically fit, feel better and look better.

Let's get this tally running.

·
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just for example... today.. all i ate was..

chicken salad sandwich with american cheese, lettuce, tomato on white bread.... that was for lunch..

and for dinner, 1 bbq pork-chop small size.. 5 pineapple slice, about 1 serving of rice medly..

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I was at 299lbs. (I know god damn I'm FAT) but I quit drinking soda and sweets and try not to eat late at night and watch the foods I am eating. I am now as of this morning at 253lbs. I was at 249lbs but I have been snacking/eating dinner late at night so I need to quit doing that, now all I need to do is to start doing some situps and exercise more.

·
Registered
559 Posts
If you want a long term goal for weight loss, you need to do resistance training. Every pound of muscle you build, that's 50 more calories you burn hourly. I think that's the ratio hehe it's been awhile since i did my research. But yea, I lost 40 lbs since October and it's still off by just doing resistance training and a bit of cardio. GOod luck and have fun. Most importantly is eat healthy and eat more often, no big meals.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts