Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday we were at NHIS and we went into the scales garage and weighed our bikes.

2003 R6 = 385lbs (almost full gas tank)
2001 Gixxer 750 = 377lbs (1/2 tank of gas)
2004 600RR = 399lbs (1/3 tank of gas)

all three bikes have full Ti exhaust systems, sharkskinz bodywork, etc...all three are completely race prepped. Like me, the Honda needs to go on a diet.

·
Registered
467 Posts
. . . .
. . . .

·
Registered
467 Posts
Don't forget, the 2001 Gixxer 750 had aftermarket Marchesini rims on, which he said cut the weight by +7lbs.

So . . .
2001 Gixxer 750 = 377lbs + 7lbs= 384lbs (1/2 tank of gas)

·
Woman Can Handle A LOT of Beef
2,009 Posts
Yup, that's a huge biatch... The bike, not Big Tuna... hehe

·
Registered
338 Posts
Damn, Guess I better stick to that diet...
Looks like I need to drop another 15-20lbs.

Funny...... I was faster than both brands of bikes last track day.

Oh, hang on ... I did go down and brake my wrist at the end of the day.
Must be that porky bike ; )

·
Registered
799 Posts
My guess is when my R1 arrives it'll be in the 375 Lb range (can't wait). That's pretty embarassing for Honda. I wish they'd really unleash the bike they're capable of building. Like when the F2 came out. It took 5 years for everyone to catch up.

C

·
0 Posts
So 3.16 galons of gas weighs 26.8 (@ 8.5 lbs per gal.) for a total 600rr weight of 425.86

04 600rr = 426 pounds (full tank of gas)

41 pounds heavier than the R6...

And Fish's bike weighs 19 pounds less than stock. Nice job buddy! :01_thumbu

Wet weight on a 600rr is 445lbs
Here:
http://www.sportbikes.com/wwwthreads/printthread.php/Cat/0/Board/Suzuki/main/438399/type/thread

Honda 600RR - 445 lbs, 10.94 in the 1/4, 105.4 hp
GSXR 600 - 415 lbs, 11.01 in the 1/4, 101.7 hp
Taken from the June 03 issue of Motorcyclist magazine

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
but the best part about it all is that it'll stick every one of them on the track and in a few magazine articles(not to bench race) its faster on the track than the compared bikes.

·
Over the berm, and thru the woods, to grandmothers
1,220 Posts
whtdvl said:
but the best part about it all is that it'll stick every one of them on the track and in a few magazine articles(not to bench race) its faster on the track than the compared bikes.
Here is some speculation. Is it possible that Honda was worried that bringing the weight down a little bit to contend with the others' weight could negatively affect the handling charicteristics? The other bikes are a little twitchy with their power arent they? Why would you race with a full tank of gas anyway? I am sure you can get the bike down to their weight range if you really wanted to, but why worry about it if the other bikes can't touch the Honda on the track?

·
Registered
774 Posts
I always try to remember to keep no more than a 1/3 of gas in there per track session but sometimes I get distracted while filling up the tank. Before you know it, 3/4's full and an already not thin bike, just got alot heavier. :)

Mine is fully track prepped too with just about every little thing I could remove but w/out the full exhaust like Tuna's.

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,875 Posts
like 9 pounds less. i think most of that is in the exhaust.

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
flamedRRider said:
Why would you race with a full tank of gas anyway?
we were at a track day and the other two just topped off the tanks because we didn't want to have gas cans inside my buddy's van

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh....and BigTuna has to go back on a diet

we weighed ourselves as well

Gixxer rider = 176
R6 Rider (Gecko) = 205
BigTuna = fack you (236)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I actually believe the 05 weighed in 18 pounds lighter. Honda claimed 9lbs, but every magizine that has tested the new RR weighed it as 18 lbs lighter.

But that is kinda apples and oranges considering we're talking about full race prepped bikes compared to stock.

·
Registered
467 Posts
BigTuna said:
oh....and BigTuna has to go back on a diet
Yeah . . . and so does Gecko . . . need to get back to 190 beotch.

·
Registered
467 Posts
flamedRRider said:
Here is some speculation. . . . I am sure you can get the bike down to their weight range if you really wanted to, but why worry about it if the other bikes can't touch the Honda on the track?
. . .
. . .

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,875 Posts
hehe... love that smiley... cuz if you can drop even more weight, then you're that much more untouchable. but then again, it's 80%+ rider skills

1 - 20 of 30 Posts