Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sometimes on my 05 when i hit the front brakes, i get kind of a funny feel from the lever. I dont know how to explain it, its kind of like on a car when u have ABS and you slam on the brakes and it stutters, you know so it wont lock, its kind of like that, but it dosent stutter per say, but it feels something like that. Also i can kind of hear a weird noise from the front end, like the engine of a airplane winding down to shut off (best comparison i can think of) :retard:

Also sometimes i can hear the brake pads pressing up against the rotors when im coming to a stop and im like in low gear or in neutral.

I dont know if this is a bike thing, because i remember having the same issues with the 03 gsxr that i used to own 6 years ago. And like i said the problems im talking about only happens once in a while, and most of the time the bike is noise free all around, and i dont feel that weird feeling when applying the front brakes.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
I would suggest that you check those if the rotors are bent...

In fact, I am suggesting it!

If they are OK, try cleaning your calipers.. maybe you have a lazy brake piston that is not returning to it's place after braking.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
there is actually stuff called brake cleaner..i would think it might work better than carb cleaner for brakes..who am i to say? im just some smart ass :spank:
It's the best de-greaser!

You can clean anything with this magical product!!! hahahaha

But be carefull, it can be a little hard on paint jobs!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts