Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was ridng earlier in the week and at a stop light I heard a clicking/ticking sound coming from the left side of my bike. I was clicking/ticking kind slow but if I let the clutch out to the friction point it got louder and faster. At first it only happened every once in a while and was kinda faint ( I thought I was going crazy) now it is more noticble and is more constant. Any I deas??? The bike still runs and shifts normal.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
you may want to lube the clutch cable. but hard to tell without year, model, and how long youve been riding AND IF YOUVE BEEN ABUSING THAT CLUTCH!! lol wheelies hint hint!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bike is a 2008 Honda CBR600RR with only 1100 miles on it. ANd I have not been riding it too hard ( no weelies or burnouts or anything like that)

·
Registered
376 Posts
That's janky, 1100 mi? I'm not a big fan of dealer service but sounds like it's the warranty's problem to me. Take that bitch in.

·
Registered
176 Posts
+1 to Rushkie

worst case something is loose where it shouldn't be, on the other hand they DO get noisier as the engine finishes braking in - ride with or without a helmet?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, Well I went to the Honda dealership and talked to the service manager about this ticking sound, which I was conviced that there was something wrong. But he says that it is perfectly normal. Just the bike finishing breaking in. It may just happen one day out of nowhere or happen over time. It may just be the right outdoor conditions ( temp. outside, temp. of engine, ect.) MAYBE 1 out of 20 bikes with the ticking sound has a problem but it would also have other noises with it (clunking or rattling) He says it is loud and annoying but prefectly normal. I have talked to this man before and used him for other advice which has been sound, and all others I have asked on this subjuct agree with him. Ticking is just part of a cbr's personality

1 - 7 of 7 Posts