Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well I just recently picked up a 2005 Honda cbr 600RR and I fell in love with this bike already! I started with an F2, then F4i, then sold her and got the 600rr. I just finished breaking her in and I was getting on it and when shifting from 1st to 2nd it didn't click into 2nd and popped into neutral. This is probably my fault BUT when I tried to put it back into 2nd gear it kept making a "rattling" noise and didn't want to get into 2nd gear! I was going probably around 50-60mph. Anyone ever have this problem? I'm kind of scared because this is a brand new bike! Ok thanks for the help.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did a search and came up with something called a "false neutral"...is this maybe what happened? It was kind of scary because I was in first gear, took it to about 11k and shifted and it popped into neutral and not 2nd gear! THEN when I tried to get it into 2nd it kept going "click-click-click" and didn't want to go into 2nd gear! I was scared cause damn this is a brand new bike! Any suggestions?

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,875 Posts
make sure you have the clutch all the way in if you get a false neutral and give it some revs when you try to click up to 2nd. it happens every now and then. try clicking a little more firmly from 1st to 2nd and that should help ya.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Happens when you don't match the revs properly.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Shift harder

The rattling of your gears is normal if you miss the shift. You have 2 options at this point... either slow the bike down and gently shift into second, or maintain your speed and quickly jam it into second.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I've had this happen a couple times. Just shift harder, or shift normal at the right RPM. I doubt there is any real problem.

·
Registered
765 Posts
You can also go back into 1st with the clutch in and then reshift to second, if it won't work, but yes shift harder. We've all done that before with a soft shift.

·
silent master
3,532 Posts
youre letting go of the clutch way too soon. you gotta remember, theres a lot more space between 1-2 than 2 and 3 and so on for that matter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts