Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been riding for 2 days now my bike has 52 miles on it and I hear this hissing sound coming from what I think is the front tire. I'm wondering did this happen to anyone else and is it the brakes braking in?

·
Registered
448 Posts
if it happens only when ur brakin i get the same thing its normal

·
Registered
286 Posts
kaiden how did you break in your bike....did you go with the take it easy method or the beat the hell out of it to seat the rings method?

You're the omaha guy yah?

There's a group ride wednesday night at the carshow (82nd & center) and another big ride friday/saturday/sunday.

I won't be able to make either one, getting my RR on friday or saturday.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont know which method Im using. My first time riding I dumped my buddy's r6. Its a peice ne ways it was cool. But then I took msf came home that night two nights ago and jumped on and went. Now with not much or no experience I've only rode it three days 50 miles. I get on it but getting on it for me is probobly diffrent than most I almost always keep it below 7000 rpm so I use the easy method but not by choice by skill level.

BUT THAT NOISE I HEAR IS WHEN I'M OFF THE BRAKES. PLEASE IF ANYONE HAS HAD THIS LET ME KNOW. :twisted: :evil:

·
Registered
122 Posts
I hear it sometimes when I get on the brakes, but never any other time. Hell, drive up to the dealership and ask em to take a listen :D

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yEAH i'LL HAVE TO DO THAT. The only problem is the convienant dealership isnt where I bought mine so their sure to be @ss holes
But I saved a grand oh well mabey they wont we'll see. no its not engine hissing its like a rotating hissing like the brakes are still touching when I take them off which they're not but who knows :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

·
Registered
286 Posts
go to gretna honda in Gretna, just outside of Omaha

Tell them Matt & Milosh sent you there, they'll take care of you.

·
Registered
583 Posts
My brakes make some noise when moving, and you can only hear it at low speeds. To be honest, didn't notice until I took it around the block without a helmet on.

I've read others saying the brakes are noisy. I've read others saying the valvetrain is noisy. Wouldn't suprise me if yours were too.

- M

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think the electonical hissing noise you are hearing is the alt. When I shift into first it while cycle... to me it sounds more like an "electrical 'weeeeee' " LOL haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts