Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish he could have got it done in GP. I havealways been a big fan of Bayliss. I hope the rumor is true

Bayliss to Race Ducati MotoGP Bike at Valencia?!
by dean adams
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Rumors originating from Europe say the man with his name at the top of the list to replace Sete Gibernau on the Marlboro Ducati GP bike at the Valencia round next week is none other than current World Superbike champion and former Ducati GP rider Troy Bayliss.

Sete Gibernau will not be able to race the Desmo GP bike at Valencia after a crash last Sunday at Estoril--one involving his '07 replacement, Casey Stoner.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
BigTuna said:
I wish he could have got it done in GP. I havealways been a big fan of Bayliss. I hope the rumor is true
Yeah he tore it up in WSBK. I would like to see him replace Sete on the Ducati in Valencia just to see how he'd do.

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SilverSurfer said:
Yeah he tore it up in WSBK. I would like to see him replace Sete on the Ducati in Valencia just to see how he'd do.
He started out decent his 2003 rookie season with three podium finishes, but once Ducati made some changes to the bike he spent two more season struggling and only got on the box once in 2004 and never in 2005. He has a lot of talent, but never got it done in GP. I was ver disappointed because I thought he might of had a good GP career

1 - 3 of 3 Posts