Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...To FINALLY do my first freakin' trackday already!!! :bigclap::biggrin: Time to see what the ol' girl's still got in her..... hopefully she doesn't blow up, hahah

But yea, some arm twisting was involved by my buddy being I wasn't planning on doing any trackdays until later this summer, but it was really too good of a deal to pass up. Basically a free trackday, it's pretty much just gonna cost me gas to get there and back (1400 mi round trip), and my buddy offered to help out with gas even just cuz he wants me to get out on the track with him so bad, lol. I've just gotta work tech/registration/whatever the dude running the trackday (a buddy of mine) needs help with for a little bit to cover the cost of the trackday, then the rest of the day is mine.

I must say, I'm pretty excited! Should be a good time :thumbup: Doing it at Palm Beach Int'l Raceway in West Palm Beach, FL on the 20th of this month. I'm gonna feel like a n00b all over again!

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
woah 206,000 miles? i know there was a guy with 200+ on his f4i but i think you have the record for a RR...

edit... lol i just read your sig.. im an idiot...

·
Registered
882 Posts
:crackup::crackup::crackup:
woah 206,000 miles? i know there was a guy with 200+ on his f4i but i think you have the record for a RR...

edit... lol i just read your sig.. im an idiot...

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
WoW!!! 205,000MI!!!!!!!!

you can add up the odometers on all the bikes i currently own (see my sig) and they dont have that much.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Damn thats some riding.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Congrats on you're first...might as well prepare for the addiction now.
1,400 miles round trip...damn, that's commitment! My helmet's off to you 3G!
I think it's not much farther for me to drive there from Texas....WOW!
I guess I won't be bitching about a 500 mile round trip anymore.

Take pics, and make sure to follow up in this thread and let us know how it goes.
Have fun, be safe.

PS: What kind of oil are you running in your bike/vehicle?

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Grats dude...you are going to LOVE it!!!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats on you're first...might as well prepare for the addiction now.
1,400 miles round trip...damn, that's commitment! My helmet's off to you 3G!
I think it's not much farther for me to drive there from Texas....WOW!
I guess I won't be bitching about a 500 mile round trip anymore.

Take pics, and make sure to follow up in this thread and let us know how it goes.
Have fun, be safe.

PS: What kind of oil are you running in your bike/vehicle?
Yea it's a long drive for sure, but it'll be worth it.... free trackday, see lots of old friends (I've been wanting to get down there and see everybody again anyways), and apparently it means a hell of alot to my buddy to get me out on the track with him (he said he's prob more excited about it than I am, haha). My car gets 25 MPG towing, so it won't kill me too bad there. I'll def have lots of pics, and videos too I'm taking the GoPro (even though I'll prob be slow as s**t, lol). I'll post them all up when I get back

For oils, I currently have Shell Rotella T6 in the bike, but this is the first time I've used it... working great so far though. Previous to that was Mobil 1 10w-40 or 15w-50 (the car oil) since 5000 miles. The Accord has been running Mobil 1 5w-30 since 2000/260k miles (at 407k now). Good stuff!

A

·
0 Posts
good luck man.... if it was a track closer i would tag along.... dont blow the thing up.... i dont want u out buying some cruiser crap!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've seen some bmw's with 120k and I though that was great but 206k is very impressive. Can you post a list of what's been repaired on the bike, any issues, rebuilds, tips, oil type you use, etc.

Do you usually rev the bike high? I'd rather see you do 200k more than blow it up in one day.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Congrats man that will be the start of the track addiction

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
u should send your videos to honda jered.
they might actually be impressed to see that you have your RR over 200K
i mean come on! a fawking RR lasted 200K thats incredible, says a lot of the machine,
but really it says more about the owner and the TLC you give your bike. kudos to you man, thats an accomplishment haha.

but really if i were you i would write a letter to honda and tell them your story, you might get some magazine coverage and perks.

if so i want in cuz it was MY idea!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts