Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are as good of pics as yuo will get for now. Hope you all enjoy them as much as I was enjoying riding while they were taken.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Cool

It's good to see you looking thru the turns.

Now this,balls of the feet on the pegs and toes slightly pointed inward.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alaska cajun said:
Cool

It's good to see you looking thru the turns.

Now this,balls of the feet on the pegs and toes slightly pointed inward.
Is that helpful when riding or turning??? It almost pushes your knees out

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
BTK said:
It's a habit you need to get into now because it does help in turning and balance when you are going faster.....sooner or later you will go faster.

A book by Keith Code called Twist of the Wrist II will teach you a lot of the finer art of rideing a bike.....It's a very good book.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Beware of bugs getting inside your helmet riding with the visor up!
Looking WAY ahead in the direction of where you want to go...+:01_thumbu
....and rain isn't bad, just keep every input SMOOTH,
careful of those painted lines and arrows, even on dry days they can be slippery.

·
Brown at your service
3,493 Posts
BTK said:
You'll get better planted feet, you'll also be able to move around on the seat better and give more ground clearance.

·
Registered
771 Posts
i also recommend "smooth riding the pridmore way" by reg pridmore. it's easier to read than TOTW2.

i say point your toes towards the engine and don't cover brake pedal. the toe pointing helps u sqeeze the gas tank with ur knees. just imagine trying to hold a basketball with ur knees, it's the same feeling. i also like to ride with my left foot under the gear shifter b/c if u accidentally shift, it's better to upshift than downshift.

nice pics btw

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In the pics we were practicing turning then standing the bike up for emergency stops. I didnt know about the toes pointed in thing but I was told to not "cover" the brake. Just in case of a panic situation so I dont lock up the rear tire.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
BTK said:
In the pics we were practicing turning then standing the bike up for emergency stops. I didnt know about the toes pointed in thing but I was told to not "cover" the brake. Just in case of a panic situation so I dont lock up the rear tire.

Did you take the MSF course yet?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No but my husband was an instructor in Japan. He doesnt teach anymore but he is helping me and kinda letting me feel it out right now, doesnt want me to feel rushed or pushed. When I am ready for something new he gives it to me. He tells me what I am doing wrong in a constuctive manner, I feel so good about riding because of the support

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It would be easy to meet in Brunswick. My husband "BigWill" from the 1000rr site has been talking to a guy that is, I believe, on the same base you are on. They are talking about meeting up this coming weekend. LOL! What base are you on again??

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
yeahhhhh thats it you go !!!!!! lookin good

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
BTK said:
No but my husband was an instructor in Japan. He doesnt teach anymore but he is helping me and kinda letting me feel it out right now, doesnt want me to feel rushed or pushed. When I am ready for something new he gives it to me. He tells me what I am doing wrong in a constuctive manner, I feel so good about riding because of the support
That's a great way to learn :beer:

·
Registered
393 Posts
BTK said:
It would be easy to meet in Brunswick. My husband "BigWill" from the 1000rr site has been talking to a guy that is, I believe, on the same base you are on. They are talking about meeting up this coming weekend. LOL! What base are you on again??
FT Benning. If they do let me know that way we all ride together....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts