Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Allright so my definition of "links" in regards to a chain was a bit skewed. so i need to add 1 link to my chain. opinions/ experiences of running 2 master links rivet on type. ready go! please and thanks gents

Chain is EK 520
Short answer, 2 master links is fine

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
No problems at all. 10k miles since I did it and still fine.

i had this issue when i installed my 520chain. me and a friend cut the chain too short and no matter how we tried to strecth the chain we could not connect them. So off to Cycle gear and bought another master link.

YEah, i dont see a problem.. but not unless you really HAVE to... twice the work to flare out, twice the work to remove later down the line..
Its not that hard to remove when your replacing your chain. Just cut the old chain with a cutting tool; thats what i did w my old OEM chain.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Neve said it was hard. Just more work for my lazy ass.. Oh and I change my sprockets more on a trackbike than my streetbike. I like to change gearings based on the track Im going to.. 2 cents..

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Neve said it was hard. Just more work for my lazy ass.. Oh and I change my sprockets more on a trackbike than my streetbike. I like to change gearings based on the track Im going to.. 2 cents..
so i was thinking about doing 1 rivet on masterlink and 1 of the EK screw/rivet type for easier tearing changes. thoughts?

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
it should also be noted that this is on a track onlky bike, if that makes any sort of difference.

removing the links isn't hard at all, grind, and punch, easy day
Shouldn't be an issue.

I run my 520chain at the track with the 2masterlinks.

·
Registered
225 Posts
so i was thinking about doing 1 rivet on masterlink and 1 of the EK screw/rivet type for easier tearing changes. thoughts?
Keep in mind the screw types are easy to install as you only need a 8mm wrench (maybe 6mm) but if your doing many gear changes those links run about $22 shipped so that could get expensive.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have to disagree with two masters being ok. two masters just make your already weak chain even weaker. Why not just spend the extra 100.00 to get a new X ring chain. Is it worth 100.00 to have your chain snap off at high speeds causing you to get lashed at with the chain to your leg?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts