Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, after my wreck my hand had some nerve damage and I cant close it properly enough for me to trust myself on another 600RR. Kills me to think about. I figure its time to start looking at a VTX or something for in town scooting as i could not give up riding even if one handed!

I've only ridden my 600rr and my wifes r6 so the switch to a low torque cruiser is gonna be sad. Ive only read good things about the Honda VTX's so i figure ill start there.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their kind words and ill still be on the forums drooling over the next contestant's bike or being awed by moeman's endless knowledge.

Cheers guys :beer:

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I don't see how one bike is gonna be all that much easier to ride. It sounds like you just want a cruiser anyway, which nothin wrong with that at all. You have to do what you are comfortable with in the end.

·
Administrator
51,155 Posts
Best of luck to you bro

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
damn.....not only baseless but cold too.

Good luck to the OP

Agreed, it was a shitty statement.

Goodluck OP. Who knows, with some time you could be back on an RR. Things that we never think will get better sometimes heal for unknown reasons.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hey man... sorry to hear about it. At least you lost the ability and not the desire. That speaks volumes. Enjoy whatever you find yourself on. You never know, you might find your way back to an RR one day.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Have you lost the ability to grip, or operate the throttle? If it is just the twisting of the throttle that is the problem, you can always mod up a thumb throttle of some sort. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Nothing wrong with cruisers. Jump right to a Goldwing or BMW and don't look back. I want a new Goldwing if only to do a couple of long distance rides a year with the wife but I dont have the extra 20k to drop at this very moment.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Hey guys, after my wreck my hand had some nerve damage and I cant close it properly enough for me to trust myself on another 600RR. Kills me to think about. I figure its time to start looking at a VTX or something for in town scooting as i could not give up riding even if one handed!

I've only ridden my 600rr and my wifes r6 so the switch to a low torque cruiser is gonna be sad. Ive only read good things about the Honda VTX's so i figure ill start there.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their kind words and ill still be on the forums drooling over the next contestant's bike or being awed by moeman's endless knowledge.

if your able to ride a cruiser theres plenty of other options out there to ride like a nice sport touring bike unless you got your mind made on a hog

·
BOTM 07/09
1,693 Posts
damn.....not only baseless but cold too.

Good luck to the OP
+1 to that, great way to add insult to injury :rolleyes:. Best of luck to you.

G

·
you know, I was gonna say that was uncalled for in my previous post, but decided not to.

But dude, that was uncalled for. real mature
What, I was just being honest. A 600 was too much for him to start with and he couldn't handle it thinking it has too much torque. I wasn't trying to be mean, just stating he should have started on something smaller that he could have handled more easily...especially since he thinks torque was the problem and wants to jump on a cruiser, and we all know cruisers have more torque the the 600rr.

The truth is often harsh, but sugar coating can be even more so.

G

·

And you know this how?

Just apologize and leave.
That's how. If not being able to trust himself on another 600rr, and is sad he's moving to a lesser torque bike, it's pretty obvious. Cruisers have more torque then sport bikes, yet he thinks it's the opposite. If he can't trust himself on another 600RR, it's obviously not because he was speeding or doing something stupid, because you can do that on anything with two wheels, even a vespa.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
That's how. If not being able to trust himself on another 600rr, and is sad he's moving to a lesser torque bike, it's pretty obvious. Cruisers have more torque then sport bikes, yet he thinks it's the opposite. If he can't trust himself on another 600RR, it's obviously not because he was speeding or doing something stupid, because you can do that on anything with two wheels, even a vespa.
By "Trust himself on another 600rr" it is my understanding that the OP is referring the the nerve damage that will not allow his hand to close properly. Haven't you learned anything since our past encounter? Read to comprehend.

As far as "sad he's moving to a lesser torque bike" It can be accurately inferred that the OP means power and 0-60 time, considering the vast majority of people do not know the difference in horsepower and torque.

Now apologize, or run away with your tail between your legs.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts