Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got woken up this morning to go outside and check out this. I guess having 9,000 alarms is a good thing. They ended up stealing my cover though :(

If anyone hears about a light grey bike cover up for sale, let me know.

·
Registered
44 Posts
NO way man... i think that might be my biggest fear is walking outside to see my bike gone. I just recently got that same lock set up...

Is that dolly a leave behind? or is that something you have?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nah the dolly isn't mine. I think they were going to try to roll it out of the complex and load it into something since we have cameras all around here. Who knows. Sheriff took the dolly for evidence too so I didn't even get to keep it lol.

Worried currently. I may get some of my friends over to pick my bike up and put it into my apartment. I can't make it around the corner between the walkway and the door by pushing it, but I may be able to pick it up. I move in a month to a place with a garage. That day can't come soon enough...

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
what kills me is thieves are lazy thats why they steal **** cause they dont wanna work..

but making a crate so you can roll a motorcycle around. that takes some skills and effort!! maybe the bastards need something productive to do!!!!!

glad you didnt lose it!! when i go somewhere i dont trust 100% i have an aircraft grade cable and an abloy lock. the only way to cut them is with power tools!!! loop it through the rear and the front. only way to move the bike is 2 dollies or pick it up

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
but making a crate so you can roll a motorcycle around. that takes some skills and effort!! maybe the bastards need something productive to do!!!!!

probably just stole it from a moving truck

its a standard moving dolly.

·
Registered
868 Posts
looks like you lucked out bro. glad they didnt get you. or knock it over.

i almost think i would rather see an empty space than my baby pushed over on her side with a dolly next to her.

hopefully they will give up and leave you alone. but thieves tend to be persistent...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Worried currently. I may get some of my friends over to pick my bike up and put it into my apartment. I can't make it around the corner between the walkway and the door by pushing it, but I may be able to pick it up. I move in a month to a place with a garage. That day can't come soon enough...
If you can't get it in your apartment, I'm right down the road and have a garage if that helps for the time being until you can figure something out... I would never leave it in that parking lot again - which complex is that?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
damn bro that sucks, im glad you still have it though.

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
do this OP, when making that sharp turn, put the kick stand down and turn it on its stand, it may take a few small moves but this is the way to get it around tight turns, also backing it in will give you more maneuverability

awesome of phoenix to lend her wings, NICE!!!!!

Good luck bro!!!

and yeah it was a moving dolley, the crooks did not build that, most likely stolen as well,

im really thinking about hooking up something to electroshock who ever touches my bike,

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought about the kickstand but it's a right turn into the door so i'm not sure. Maybe if I back it in? I'm going to play with it tomorrow.

Thanks Phoenix! I'll text you if I can't do anything.

·
Registered
145 Posts

im really thinking about hooking up something to electroshock who ever touches my bike,
With some ingenuity and a tazer, that could be possible.. Like if they touch a brake lever or clutch lever, ZAP.

In all seriousness, when I stored mine outside when I was at college, I chained it to a lamp post. Maybe if there is a parking spot with a storm drain you could rig something up. Or just get it to a more secure place like a garage or whatever.. you know.

·
Registered
21 Posts
ive got a buddy that leaves his garage door cracked for his wives cats to get some fresh air where he keeps his bike, he woke up to the noise of his garage door opening at like 5am on a weekday (shitty thieves) saw the guys rolling his bike out of the garage and ran out with his 9mm airsoft replica and scared the **** out of them. pretty epic. if i ever see someone try to steal my bike theyre going to get blasted.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
F*ckers, wish you could have caught them in the act. Baseball bat on a few hands might stop the stealing of sh!t for a while.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.