Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this morning i went out for a short ride with 3 of my buddies... We went up this mountain road that had lots of slow 5-10mph twistys. I had riddin the road many times by my self but never with others infront of me. Following my buddy around a corner i see him slam his brakes hard around a corner coming up that was about a 10 mph corner. Reacting out of impulse i apply my front brake and then my back, but somehow my back locked up and i slid for about 10-15 feet before my back hit the gravel and i went down! I was going about 5mph when i went down in the gravel so all it did was scratch my left fairing. im ok, but it makes me sick to have scratches in my brand new bike.
I was lucky that it was pretty minimal.

My next decision is should i paint my lower silver fairing the Candy blue color since im gonna repaint my left fairing to get rid of the scratches?
What do you guys think would look like? has anyone done it?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Happend to me the other day. I am goign to repaint come winter time. I was thinking of Painting the silver parts black and not putting the HONDA decasl back on.

Glad your OK

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Either of you guys using frame sliders?

Curious if it helps or you think it would have at such low speeds.?
Jason

·
Registered
255 Posts
That sux bro

Frame sliders definitly help

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya i had yoyo's they deffinitly saved me from spending money on a new fairing!! And i lucked out and it didnt happen after i had already painted the lower fairing.
This just gave me an excuse to repaint it.

Paint will be here in 3 days and new lower Honda Stickers will be here on tuesday!
So she'll be back to her beutiful self just in time for my california trip!

Total damages Totaled about 180.00 just for anyone who was curious.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
XceleratedRR said:
ya i had yoyo's they deffinitly saved me from spending money on a new fairing!! And i lucked out and it didnt happen after i had already painted the lower fairing.
This just gave me an excuse to repaint it.

Paint will be here in 3 days and new lower Honda Stickers will be here on tuesday!
So she'll be back to her beutiful self just in time for my california trip!

Total damages Totaled about 180.00 just for anyone who was curious.
Not too bad, really got away cheap I think... Still sucks though but things could have always been worst.

Jason

ps. Repair, buy frame sliders. I got them put on the day I bought my bike. Would hate to use them but they are there if I need too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts