Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured id let everyone know its for sure time to put em away.. i went down on my local highway and my bike is looking like its toast. was doing 40 (the speed limit) and hit a bridge that was a solid sheet of ice. Lost it to the left then right and when it came back left the front end slid out from under me and the bike shot to the guardrail. im thankful to be alive and learned if its cold enough for a jacket over your leather, its time to put it away.

as i watched my bike sliding next to me in the dark i could only see one thing, the sparks from the pegs and the lack of front end i had attached to my bike. only things going through my mind were 1) what am i gonna ride next season and 2) I hope to god the motor is good so i can put it in a quad :LOL: :LOL:🤷‍♂️

i truely am thankful to be alive. huge shoutout to my protective gear. was wearing chaps (assless of course ;)) and a cortech armored jacket with a thinner leather underneath. not a scratch on me, no broken bones, my back feels kinda weird but thats expected. thanks for everything and ill be back next season 🙏

· Registered
2,248 Posts
Any wreck you walk away from is a good thing.

Glad you’re ok and lived to ride again. I tell this story a lot but years ago I was at the local salvage yard in December buying a part for something I was working on. The showroom was FULL of freshly dumped bikes, I asked them if they got in their truckload for the winter rebuilds late, the guy laughed and said nope, last weekend was above freezing and this was the result (I lived in central Wisconsin at the time). He said every late fall, every nice weekend during the winter and early every spring they’d get dozens of bikes in every time from people pushing the seasons.

It sucks sometimes but mine go to sleep mid to late October and won’t come out until April after multiple hard rains and the street sweepers are out. I stopped trying to guess what the conditions might be like.

Reactions: tary preisser

· Registered
885 Posts
Glad you made it out OK!!! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts