Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well i went to moorseville 1/8 mile dragway last night to run my 600 and i was having a good night with a 7.291 run on my 3rd run. well on my 4th run i lined up and when i launch my wheel stuck and my bike decided it wanted to go to the moon and it shot straight up in the air came off the ground and landed on the left side. shattered the stator cover and broke a chunk out of the engine case. there was a guy from a performance shop that said he should be able to weld the case back and be able to get everything back running again.

here are the pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh and also just those little scuffs on the plastic thats all the other damage on the bike. nothing else broke. stock turn signals....fine, clutch lever....fine, mirror....fine, tail section scratchless. i dont get how thats all the damage. but if that guy cant fix that case then it will cost me some major dough to fix that

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
ouch... the good news is that part of the case shoulnt be structural or affect the engine, so welding it back in place, as long as it seals the little oil that gets in there, it should be golden.

that sucks man.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah the guy said he should be able to. he just got doing a 97 blackbird that snapped a chain and cracked the case kinda like that and he said he did it no problem. but all the oil leaked out onto the track. it took them like 20 minutes to clean it up. but i am glad i was able to walk away from it and the bike not land on me. i did however hold on the whole time and i do know the sensation of flying now lol. hey i have to be able to laugh about a crappy situation, right?

·
Registered
677 Posts
I think u have to laugh or u might cry. If that guy can weld it up, you've got away with it quite lightly. Still sucks though. Hope it all goes well. Good luck

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Motorcycle App

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah well i am bringing it up monday afternoon so we will see for sure when he gets hands on with it and i will post up after pics as long as he can fix it.

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
yeah the guy said he should be able to. he just got doing a 97 blackbird that snapped a chain and cracked the case kinda like that and he said he did it no problem. but all the oil leaked out onto the track. it took them like 20 minutes to clean it up. but i am glad i was able to walk away from it and the bike not land on me. i did however hold on the whole time and i do know the sensation of flying now lol. hey i have to be able to laugh about a crappy situation, right?

hahaha what you need is a video of your flight, Im pretty sure it felt like superman taking off,

that is a ouch ouch, hopefully the guy can fix it, good luck man and good to see your still with us,

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
no one took a video i was very disappointed. everyone was like yeah i was just getting my camara out when you went up (notice i didnt say went down haha). but i am a firm believer in safety gear and it has saved me once again. i am just a liitle sore. knee feels a little bruised, shoulder is sore and i think i sprained my thumb. but i'm ok. still wish someone would have taken a video of it. i am sure it was funny looking. some of the guys that came up to me were like dude that was crazy looking, pretty violent. they said they thought there would be a lot more damage then there was.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Glad you're ok.

Its good that you can make light of the situation and yeah you could have been a youtube hero with some video :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey, there's no crying in racing...

You know the risks, sympathy is earned, not given. Sorry for the crash but hey, that's how you learn....

Now don't do it again!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i live in charlotte for now but may be moving to monroe for a little while.

yeah i know thats how you learn thats why i am not too upset about it. it sucks but its part of it.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Glad you're ok. I love your description of the bike wanting to go to the moon. Cracked me up.

I can't speak for other bikes, but even if you rip the Honda apart, it still runs. Get it fixed and be on your way since summer is here, I think.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Even if that is the only bolt that isn't going to be there, it will still hold oil. Mine did without a bolt for a good 6k miles. Then i decided to actually drill out the bolt that was stuck in there. But not because it started to leak.

·
Registered
7,429 Posts
ouch... The good news is that part of the case shoulnt be structural or affect the engine, so welding it back in place, as long as it seals the little oil that gets in there, it should be golden.

That sucks man.
:+1:......

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i'm not too worried about drilling out the hole where the weld will be for the bolt. i am just worried IF he can really weld the crankcase shape to where its reliable and to where it wont leak oil. but we will find out tomorrow. thanks for all the comments. i wish that i had a better topic to write about other then dumping my bike. but you live and learn, right?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the cover i'm not worried about because i can get a OEM cover for $50. but the crankcase itself has a chunk broke off. i have decided that if he cant fix it then the bike will sit for a while and i will just build the motor up the way i want like new pistons and the like. i mean if the whole crank case has to be replaced then i may as well do it while the motor is already torn apart.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts