Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was on my way to my parents house on hte 10th, i was in the right lane and switched into the left, i sped up a lil, out of no where a lex RX 300 switched lanes also right in front of me hits the breaks and i smashed into the back of her car, went down and slid down the road while my bike was behind me pushing me foward even more.

the bike is screwed, all the plastics need to be replaced.....for all you guys that have never been down or even if you have.... wear you helmet my whole left side has bad rash and burses and the side of the helmet is completely shaved if i wasnt wearing it i would have had no skin on hte left side of my face.

it was some dumb old lady htat seen me comin and changed lanes anyway then she had the nerve of sayin that i was goin way to fast, i was still in first. and the pig gave me a ticket for careless driving.

the end result, i cant sleep cause i have raw flesh on my left side, i am out a bike and helmet, and i will have 3 point on my license if they dont dorp the ticket in court.. O YEA i was riding in a cutoff t-shirt and mesh shorts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Damn, well i'm glad to see your alright. I would fight that crap but it will be hard cause they will say you were following to close even if she did cut you off. I cant believe the b*@ch said that you were going to fast. I would of told her she was going to slow!! :bitchslap:

·
Registered
777 Posts
If you're gona ware a helmet ware it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 It is much better than having half of your skin ripped off

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Well that really sucks man. Fight it, but anytime you rear-end someone, it's automatically your fault.

Wear full gear too...that'll help :idea:

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I`ve said it before and I`ll say it again, all the cage driver has to do is blame it on the biker and almost every time they will get off without any responsibility. I`ve seen this happen even when the biker was killed by a cage that turned left in front of him. :evil:

H

·
0 Posts
Glad to hear that you are ok....but yeah fight that BS....she cut you off....i would def fight that..then i would take her to court....eff that....

·
Registered
391 Posts
Morice877 said:
O YEA i was riding in a cutoff t-shirt and mesh shorts
Are you [email protected]#king kidding me??? Um, what were you thinking? Look man, I'm real glad you're okay and that is the most important thing but for what its worth, you got off real lucky. [email protected]#k the bike man, your real lucky to still have your life. If you plan on getting back on, don't do it with out gear. At the very least, helmet, jeans, leather jacket, boots and gloves.

K

·
0 Posts
damn bro sorry to hear that glad you are ok but next time man wear at least jeans and a jacket, you will be much better off.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Damn that sucks, why were you wearing that stuff riding, going to the Gym or something??? there are some ******* horrible and i mean horrible drivers where i am from soo i know what you mean, but i have actually gotten used to them. LOL how sick is that

·
Registered
885 Posts
Hey guys lay off the dude already! He knew he would get blasted for telling us he was not wearing the proper gear. After the 2nd post telling him he should of wron the proper attire that should have been it.

Glad to hear your ok buddy. I can't believe that cop gave you a careless? WTF!!! The careless should have gone the other way if you ask me!! Take that sh!t to court and don't forget to get yourself a lawyer if you have the funds. The best money I ever spent was on a lawyer. Paying $$$ now for a lawyer will save you lots of money paying auto insurace down the road and potentialy keeping your record clean. The dude got me out of some serious sh!t. In this case you especially need one cause your a "biker". Sucks but true... F'ing Cagers and unsympathetic cops

·
Registered
226 Posts
Glad you're ok, hope you heal quick.

This isn't just for you, it's for everyone else too....

Why would you spend $9k on a bike, and not spend any money on safety gear? Or spend money on safety gear and leave it at home? I saw some kid on a bike last night riding a car in front of me with his Alpinestars jacket laying on top of his gas tank, he was in just a t-shirt. First noticed him as he was driving through some road construction and spinning up his rear tire. Wonder how that wire brush would feel on his skin when they have to clean the gravel out of his arm because he was too cool to wear his jacket :roll:

Chances are your lack of gear contributed to the cop's decision of giving you that ticket. He probably figured you were another dumb squid, whether this is true or not.

Wear your gear, be aware of your surroundings, and don't screw around. In 4 1/2 years of riding I've only been pulled over once, and I deserved it(41 in 25). I've had cops follow me, stare me down as I rode past them, etc but they've had no reason to pull me over. And if you think it's because cops are lenient around here, think again. The Starboyz live 40 min. from where I live if that tells you anything.

Those of you that haven't been down, don't wear gear, etc....learn from others mistakes

I've preached enough for today, carry on

C

·
0 Posts
Glad your okay.. there all out there to kill you. I know from experience that roadrash sucks! I have people pull out in front of me all the time. I don't understand. I am going the speed limit they see me (probably thinking I'm going to fast by the looks of my bike and need to slow down) so they pull out in front of me like they got all the fukin time in the world. And this is a everyday occurance.... Always expect the unexpected!......

H

·
0 Posts
You should def wear your gear.....i am not one to talk though....when i first started riding back five years ago all i wore was a helmet and gloves...i wore shorts on occassion...hell i even went down the street without a shirt on once....but hey i was young and EXTREMELY stupid...i go tlucky though...no crashes....but now i do not feel right even sitting on a bike without gear...i feel like i am doing something wrong...live and learn...we all make bad choices from time to time....and as long as we realize it we can move on and better ourselves....but if you do the same stupid $hit a second time then you deserve to get hurt.....ride safe..

·
Registered
226 Posts
homerjay4242 said:
You should def wear your gear.....i am not one to talk though....when i first started riding back five years ago all i wore was a helmet and gloves...i wore shorts on occassion...hell i even went down the street without a shirt on once....but hey i was young and EXTREMELY stupid...i go tlucky though...no crashes....but now i do not feel right even sitting on a bike without gear...i feel like i am doing something wrong...live and learn...we all make bad choices from time to time....and as long as we realize it we can move on and better ourselves....but if you do the same stupid $hit a second time then you deserve to get hurt.....ride safe..

Well said. 9 out of 10 times when I get on the bike I'm wearing my jacket/gloves/helmet/back protector/boots. Sometimes I leave the back protector/boots, but the rest I don't even think about, they just go on automatically. If I get on to specifically go riding instead of just going somewhere, the jacket gets replaced by the leather suit.

·
Registered
365 Posts
+1 for gear. Anywho, look in the bike mags for a "motorcycle friendly" lawyer. Many will only charge if you win. I've never gone to one or endorse any but if your short on $$$$ it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
327 Posts
wow .. that is some scary stuff.. But in the situation you really need to that fight that otherwise you are basically LIABLE for everything. Since you hit her from the back. some scary stuff man.. I do not know what i would. you can' t hit the old bitch, because that would make it worse.. :evil: Really sucks, but glad to hear your okay.

As far as gear goes, you learn from mistakes or other people's mistakes (if ur wise enough). I remember riding in shorts and t-shirts when I first started riding. But i grew up and learned through the forums and pictures and horrors. Now i ride with my JR SpeedMaster and JR Nicky Hayden Gloves (CF knuckles) and jeans.

I think the cops would think your more of a racer if he sees all the gear on. Especially the certain styles of racing jackets.

·
Registered
226 Posts
typeshx98 said:
I think the cops would think your more of a racer if he sees all the gear on. Especially the certain styles of racing jackets.
Or someone smart enough to do what they can to protect themselves. I've had people come up and tell me in stores that it's nice to see a motorcyclist dressing like a motorcyclist, in regards to my gear.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts