Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
RED KONICA MINOLTA
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The crash! OK. On 11 April my buddy called me up sayin "get up, lets go ridin cause its too nice out". As I open my eyes and looked at the window I seen the sun shinin nice as hell. I got up, got dressed. You know dressed for the crash not the ride... So we hit up McDonalds for food then headed out to the twisties. Everything was lookin good. Minimal traffic on the road. Warmed up the tires on the street and starting to ride hard just enjoying the road condiction. About 8-10 twist in to the hillside some DUMB F*** decided to cross the double yellow lines headin south into my lane to short track the road forcing me wide in the "S" trun. I hit some soft dirt/mud on the shoulder, almost hittin the guard rail. I corrected it up trying to prepare for the transition to the other part of the "S" turn. But that didnt work cause the mud on the tires cause me to lowside the bike at about 50mph. I just kept a clear head and reacted quickly. I mannage to get my leg over the mirrors to the clutch side surfing to bike into the hillside on an angle at about 35-40mph. $h!t is moving in slow motion now. As I made contact with hillside at that speed, force behind me "I thought I broke my neck on impact". Laying to ditch (I counted to five) with adrinolin pumpin I open my eyes realising that Im not dead nor paralise. I got up to get out the way of cars coming down the hill. My buddy noticed that I was not behind him he turned around coming back for me. Also some other riders helped me get my bike up and out the way of traffic. THANKS GUYS! The bike didnt start for about 15 min. It did later on. Checking myself out for any deep cuts or bruises. Thank God all I got was a small scrape on my left knee. Now as for my gear it did its JOB! My lid is cracked in two places with about three stress cracks in it. My jacket has just miner dirt rash to the left shoulder and back. And the bike. It has has a broke rearset peg, 2" rash on the right side of the tail, bent the frame slider to hell, rash the bar end, broke a bracket on the right head light, and lastly that I noticed my handle bars are tweeked about quarter of an inch off.

·
Registered
345 Posts
over all doesnt look too bad... seen worse.. glad your ok

·
RED KONICA MINOLTA
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
one more

This is the small scapr on the knee. Tks guys. That was my first time down on a street bike in 7yrs.

·
Registered
216 Posts
wow man you got pretty lucky.....i thought you and your bike would look alot worse just goes to show that protective gear, no matter how hot out it is, it saves your ass everytime. im sure your frame sliders helped the bike too. good luck to you and your bike on the road to recovery!

·
RED KONICA MINOLTA
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
wow man you got pretty lucky.....i thought you and your bike would look alot worse just goes to show that protective gear, no matter how hot out it is, it saves your ass everytime. im sure your frame sliders helped the bike too. good luck to you and your bike on the road to recovery!
Heck yeah it does. The guy in the RV that seen me go down thought I was dead on impact. Cuase how hard I hit I even thought I broke my neck. Now my lid is a War Trophy.:salute: I really hope its mostly cosmetic.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
sorry to hear about the bike and the moron that came across the line at you. Glad to hear you are alright.
Your headlight looks like mine did about two weeks ago. I saved the 150 or so on a new housing and got the 3M Headlight restoration kit. It worked wonders.

·
Registered
509 Posts
those sliders saved your ass..well at least the bike.Good to hear your alright

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
OES Sliders???

Glad it didn't turn out worse

·
Registered
801 Posts
Glad to hear you're okay. Gear did it's job for what you describe. The bike doesnt look too bad for low-siding 50mph. Sorry to hear about the mishap.

·
RED KONICA MINOLTA
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
RED KONICA MINOLTA
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
OES Sliders???

Glad it didn't turn out worse
No; they where Shogun, Vortex spools.

Glad to hear you're okay. Gear did it's job for what you describe. The bike doesnt look too bad for low-siding 50mph. Sorry to hear about the mishap.

Tks... I only slid about 15yrd before impact.

·
RED KONICA MINOLTA
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tks guys. Well I got a lil bit of info from the bike shop, its not that bad. This is what they say.

Broke Need to be replace...
headlight stay
right headlight
right rearset peg
frame sliders
right side fairing cuase clips are broke.
And these have very light scratches...
clutch cover
right bar ends
right mirror
brake lever

1 - 20 of 30 Posts