Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was awesome! :D I put 27 miles on her.

Left when it was 40 out, it was 34 when I got back. Could have been worse but my hands were freezing.

Today it is supposed to hit 54 so looking to go for another ride after work. Can't wait! :bounce:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CorleoneRR said:
Nice work! Got gloves?
I was wearing my winter gloves..

Still waiting for my jacket, boots, gloves to come in

Just have my helmet so far

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CorleoneRR said:
What type of gear did you get?
Have:

Arai Signet GTR

Ordered:

Dainese Charger jacket
Dainese Slam gloves
Sidi Vertigo Corsa boots

Debating on pants at the moment

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Got up to 56 here in CR. I got out and put 80 miles on here, would have been more, but due to certain time constraints.... Damn I didn't want to stop riding. First time riding with my new gear, had to try it all on! AGV two piece, Held gloves, Sidi Vertebra 2's, Teknic spine protecter. Nice fit, all of them! Can't wait for the MAM rider school in May! :bounce:

·
Registered
230 Posts
I got up around 2:00pm this afternoon and was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO tempted to go out for a ride. Temp was around 45 degrees, but just couldnt do it. Tomorrow for sure though.

H

·
0 Posts
man i hate riding when it is cold... i cannot wait for it to get warm here in jersey.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Way to go Nick,

I now have about 300 miles on mine. This weekend is my MSF course. Should be interesting as we are expecting heavy rain both Saturday and Sunday and the course happens rain or shine. Thank god they provide their own bikes. I would hate to take my new '05 out into the rain (at least just yet).

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thedude said:
Got up to 56 here in CR. I got out and put 80 miles on here, would have been more, but due to certain time constraints.... Damn I didn't want to stop riding. First time riding with my new gear, had to try it all on! AGV two piece, Held gloves, Sidi Vertebra 2's, Teknic spine protecter. Nice fit, all of them! Can't wait for the MAM rider school in May! :bounce:
Nice, I'm not sure how warm it got up to here today, but by the time I got out of work and on the bike it was ~42.

Nice gear :D I feel kind of vulnerable riding without the rest of mine :oops:

Hoping tomorrow is nice so I can actually get out during the day

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
satxrider said:
Way to go Nick,

I now have about 300 miles on mine. This weekend is my MSF course. Should be interesting as we are expecting heavy rain both Saturday and Sunday and the course happens rain or shine. Thank god they provide their own bikes. I would hate to take my new '05 out into the rain (at least just yet).
Awesome :mrgreen: I just hit 79 miles on mine after tonight's ride. I actually talked to someone who had her MSF class in the rain. Like you said at least you get to use their bikes ;-)

Oh yeah, nice color choice :bounce:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok I put on nearly 100 miles today, sitting ~180 miles total

man I love this bike :D

·
Registered
928 Posts
Way to go Nick. I didn't manage to get any milage on mine this weekend, instead I drove around on the little 250's at the MSF all weekend. Great class but wow do I really appreciate my bike now!! I can't wait until we have a little dry weather so I can complete the break in on my RR.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Thanks Mordeth,

Yes, I have read that article and I am putting it to use.

One oil change done already and looking for number two soon. The difficult part was originally I was riding her soft, but since reading this I have been having a little more fun.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Damn I better get my oil changed. Have ~265 miles now. Is it pretty easy to do? :oops:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
satxrider said:
My first one, I took to the dealer. This next one I plan to do myself, so I can't tell yet how hard it will be.
I should have done a little more reading before riding. My dealer just told me to bring it in after 600 miles, not before. But now I'm seeing that I should be changing it sooner than that. Crap..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts