Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Anything I can help you with?" asked the salseman.
"oh just looking at the 1000RR, I'm just having a new tire put on" I said.
20 min later.. they'll give me $6600 for my 600 and the difference would be $4699
should i do it? Is the 1000 worth 4700 bucks more :?:

V

·
0 Posts
I wouldnt do it. $6600 plus $4700 is $11300. Did they quote you OTD? I might do it if it was my bike and only $4200 OTD.

H

·
0 Posts
the only thing that would stop me would be the insurance costs.... for me my insurance would jump from 900 to 1700... i do not think that i would wnt to spend the extra on insurance

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
do you really want the bike. Don't get starry-eyed because you think it is a deal. I say "No" don't do it. If you had to ask here, you really were not serious about wanting it before. What do you gain by extra CC's?
The ability to wheelie and accelerate in a straight line with out shifting.
What other plusses are there? You convince yourself since you have a bigger bike you are a better rider? People that have no clue what a 600 or 1000 is respect you more because the number on the tail section is bigger?

If you want a bigger bike, shop for one. If you don't really want one, then you are wasting $4700.

·
Registered
53 Posts
you can get one here in KS for $9999 if that puts things in perspective. ride some other bikes and seriously, sorry for all you literbike riders, you won't be able to tell that much difference unless you're wringing the 600RR out all the time, leaving marks on the streets.

and insurance, hahahahaha, think about it.

H

·
0 Posts
hondaf4iguy,

well said.... i like what you write... very insightful....

i agree 100%... if you wanted a bigger bike then you would have been out shopping there shopping for one....

H

·
0 Posts
i have always been a fan if the r1... almost bought one... but the insurance would have killed me... the new r1 is sweet...b

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ya know that little voice of doubt that you should pay attention to but just ignore sometimes? I guess i was "starry-eyed" at the prospect.
hondaf4iguy, excellent post. the voice of reason!
and...
I just got back from the friday night drags where i placed runner-up!
first time ive ever advanced past the first round and itcame down to me and a Harley V-Rod. I red lighted -.071. argh!! but I did get a.... drum roll please.. runner up trophy! yes!
my 600 is just fine for me. i love this bike!
THANKS YALL

·
Registered
423 Posts
yeah shop around 6600 and 4700 comes out to 11,300 and i see them for 9399 all day long so I wouldnt do it. you could get more for your bike then 6600 if you have taken care of it.

H

·
0 Posts
yeah shop around 6600 and 4700 comes out to 11,300 and i see them for 9399 all day long so I wouldnt do it. you could get more for your bike then 6600 if you have taken care of it.
this also depends on location... some areas will sell them better some will not... in the areas that are selling them fast you are not as likes to get a great deal on them.... the dealership i go to was sold their first 12 without any ever hitting the floor... people were leaving deposits months in advance... so when that happens you are less likely to get a deal on one... for me a decent price would be OTD for at or lower that MSRP.. so 11,300 might not be too bad... MSRP is 10999 if i am not mistaken (i am in jersey)... i guess i depends on many variables.. but i would still look around if oyu are interested in one... try to find the best price...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts