Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to start racing and don't know which group to join. i am in jacksonville fl so it needs to be fl races. can anyone give me some advice?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Whichever you want. See what's local and run it.

I don't think WERA recognizes the CCS license, but I think CCS recognizes WERA. So getting just the WERA you won't have to pay for a CCS.

·
Registered
338 Posts
hessogood said:
Whichever you want. See what's local and run it.

I don't think WERA recognizes the CCS license, but I think CCS recognizes WERA. So getting just the WERA you won't have to pay for a CCS.
BTW you still have to paythe $100+ for the CCS license what happens is that they recognize the WERA license so you don't have to take a race school to get your CCS license, everybody PAYS!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts

·
WCR Racer
1,550 Posts
Wow that was a great write up.
I am doing WERA next year. I am located outside of Philadelphia so it puts me in the middle of most WERA events for driving. Being in Florida for you, I have no idea about track locations. Just check out the sites and see what is offered. Good luck and maybe we will be charging a hole shot next to each other next year.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I went from CCS to WERA this year, WERA seems more organized, but did cost more money overall. Guess it would depend on what tracks are the closest to where you live.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i think i am leaning more towards CCS. they have more in florida and south georgia. anybody know what the cost is like?

·
Registered
644 Posts
CCS FL: license $100, $55 per race on Sunday, $75 practice day Saturday, $25 gate fee for both days. We race Homestead 3x, Jennings 3x and Moroso 5x.

·
Registered
799 Posts
CCS in Florida is a completely different animal than everywhere else. The events are run by Henry DeGouw and they are top notch. He's an ex-racer and he cares about racers... CCS, well... not always :( . You'll enjoy racing CCS FL, and the competition is as good as anywhere in the US. You can contact Hery directly for more information (go to the JenningsGP.com board and search, you'll find his phone #) about the FL region and CCS directly about the license in general.

www.ccsracing.com

then go to forms and then new rider package

good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts