Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ladies & gents,I need some advice on what type of exhaust to get for my 07'CBR 600RR.Now there's plenty of vids on you tube of the hyper-flo's but,only 2 videos of the Werkes exhaust for a CBR.Now,from what Werkes website says,it's suppose to give your bike a 10hp gain.Hyperflo just shows a chart.If anyone has any suggestions,I'm open for them.I have been told that the Werkes is a better quality made exhaust.Thanks in advance ya'll.

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
Aren't both of them slip-on's? I was always under the impression that slip-on exhausts do nothing for performance and only full systems would give additional performance enhancements, so I'm kinda skeptical to think that the Werkes would add 10hp (but then again I never tested the product and Werkes probably did so what do I know).

If that's your bike on your profile pic, I think the Hyper Flo looks a lot better then the Werkes. I just personally think it looks cleaner, matches your bike better, and just looks more high speed low drag.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have the Hyperflo. It really looks good imho. i prefer the look of the 2 slender pipes. The pipes of the CW are a bit too far apart for my taste.
The Hyperflo is a mid pipe swap, starts after the cat and adds 4hp (on paper, haven't measured it). Just note that it's not just a loud exhaust, it's a LOUD one!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm not familiar with the Werkes exhaust but as an owner of a Hyperflo exhaust (just the rear section, no headers yet) I can say I absolutely LOVE it. I've got the version with the pour spout style chrome tips and I get compliments left and right. It also give the bike a very unique sound, I've actually got a story about it.

A few months ago we got a new service manager (I work in Subaru parts) and he walked through my department one day and saw my workstation's wallpaper and it was a picture of my bike. He then tells me a story about how at one of the old shops he worked at one of his technicians had a CBR that had the most amazing exhaust note he had ever heard, and he's a Harley guy but would not stop talking about the exhaust sound of this CBR. So I ask him who the guy was because maybe I know him, he tells me the guy sold the bike a while ago but his name was Mike. Well, turns out the bike he was talking about was MY bike and I bought it from the tech he was talking about. So then we spent a bunch of time talking about how everyone at that old shop was always so blown away by the exhaust sound of my bike.

It's a small world, so make sure your bike is remembered with the best exhaust note there is, HYPERFLO!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts