Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will I’m not sure which section it should be under.

I'm getting my bike some what ready for track...

I was wondering which coolant I should use.

Wetter Water or Engine Ice?

Please help!!!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
From what i gather, engine ice is more of a true coolant where water wetter is just an additive kinda wears out. Ive used engine ice for years in my dirt bikes and havent had any problems with it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
check with your track org. Some tech rules differ from others, but I have yet to see one that dosen't allow water and water wetter. I had Evans NPG in my bike and had to drain it. Kinda sucked at about $25 a gallon.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I go engine Ice all the way, never had a problem with it.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
jmorse said:
check with your track org. Some tech rules differ from others, but I have yet to see one that dosen't allow water and water wetter. I had Evans NPG in my bike and had to drain it. Kinda sucked at about $25 a gallon.
+1 Some orgs allow it and some do not. Any glychol-based coolant is most likely subject to the track organizers rules, but like Jmorse said, they all like water (distilled) and water wetter.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Go with Engine Ice. I am writing up a review soon on it. I love the stuff! It's pre-mixed and works well, you will notice a different in temps. You will see the bike cool down a lot faster when you are heading out from a stand still. Also Engine Ice is not slippery, infact I would think most tracks would permite it... It is nothing like Anti-Freeze...

Jason

ps. Don't forget if you live in a cold area in the winter and you are going to store you bike where it is not heated you will have to drain your system if you use Water Wetter. With Engine Ice this is not needed as it will not freeze.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Visitor Q said:
Go with Engine Ice. I am writing up a review soon on it. I love the stuff! It's pre-mixed and works well, you will notice a different in temps. You will see the bike cool down a lot faster when you are heading out from a stand still. Also Engine Ice is not slippery, infact I would think most tracks would permite it... It is nothing like Anti-Freeze...

Jason

ps. Don't forget if you live in a cold area in the winter and you are going to store you bike where it is not heated you will have to drain your system if you use Water Wetter. With Engine Ice this is not needed as it will not freeze.

Thats true about the freezing. I noticed a difference in temps using Water Wetter as well. As far as the legality of Engine ICE, I know for sure that WMRRA here in Washington State does not allow it. If you get caught with it it's a mandatory $500 and a one event suspension. Here is the list of approved addatives here in Washington:

"All water-cooled motorcycles must use either plain water or plain water with an approved
coolant additive in the cooling system. Currently approved coolant additives are Redline
brand "Water Wetter", Silkolene brand "Pro CCA" and "RC-20". Any other coolant additive
must be submitted in writing to the referee and approved prior to use. Anti-freeze may not
be used. The use of anti-freeze and/or any other unapproved additive is subject to
penalties and/or fines per Section N. All radiator caps, drain plugs and petcocks must be
safety wired"

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I have been very happy with Engine Ice. Team Promotion allows the use of Engine Ice.

Also, if you sit back and think about, Engine Ice is hands down much better & safer for your bike. So if your org. allows the use of Engine Ice use it.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the Reply's I went with Engine Ice.

Did some reseach about Engine Ice and how it says not to mix with water.

The reason I went for Engine Ice is because Track Org allows it.
Also I already have my bike apart. So I think i Got all the water out from the cooling system.
Took about 1 and a half bottle of Engine Ice.

·
Registered
730 Posts
MRA is also only watter wetter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts