Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace my front tire on my 08 600rr but I know nothing about tires. I want one that’s not expensive and that will last a long time for street riding. What do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
45 Posts
The Dunlop Alpha series are a nice tire that is quite sticky on the sides, but has a harder center section to wear longer. Also good in the rain.

The Metzler M Sportec tires seem quite nice too. Had those on my last bike and it handled very well, and seemed to be wearing evenly and hardly much was gone at 3800km on it

·
Registered
109 Posts
Expense is a subjective term, in my mind running cheap nasty tyre can be very expensive if it causes you to crash through lack of grip, poor water clearing in the rain etc.
For regular street riding you don't need nor want the stickiest track tyre either, everyone will have their brand loyalties, certainly if they have been riding long enough to try different brands, for me Pirelli are easily my favourite. so, to that end i would suggest the Diablo Rosso. Dunno what version they're up to, i think it's a III but they're nice, they offer good grip, work well on wet roads and have a nice profile and tread pattern, keep the tyre pressures correct and they offer good life too.
And i try to always replace my tyres in pairs, it's the best way to avoid strange handling, though i know it's not always possible finances wise.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Expense is a subjective term, in my mind running cheap nasty tyre can be very expensive if it causes you to crash through lack of grip, poor water clearing in the rain etc.
For regular street riding you don't need nor want the stickiest track tyre either, everyone will have their brand loyalties, certainly if they have been riding long enough to try different brands, for me Pirelli are easily my favourite. so, to that end i would suggest the Diablo Rosso. Dunno what version they're up to, i think it's a III but they're nice, they offer good grip, work well on wet roads and have a nice profile and tread pattern, keep the tyre pressures correct and they offer good life too.
And i try to always replace my tyres in pairs, it's the best way to avoid strange handling, though i know it's not always possible finances wise.
thanks and yea i know it’s best in pairs but for some reason the front tire is **** but the rear is still pretty good

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Dunlop Alpha series are a nice tire that is quite sticky on the sides, but has a harder center section to wear longer. Also good in the rain.

The Metzler M Sportec tires seem quite nice too. Had those on my last bike and it handled very well, and seemed to be wearing evenly and hardly much was gone at 3800km on it
ok thanks man

·
Registered
334 Posts
Dunlop Q3+. They have lasted me two seasons so far and I will replace mine soon. Over 5000 miles I have gotten out of them on the street.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Cheapest tires that are decent and will have some life span would be the Dunlop Q3+ or the Bridgestone S22 or whatever number they are on now.

Great street tires that are a little more money are the Pirelli Rosso IIIs. Great tires that last forever are the Michelin Road 5s, you pay more for them upfront but they will go 10,000+ miles so you make it back in the end.

Find a sport touring tire, they are all great now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Best bang for the buck for performance in wet and dry, and 7000-8000 miles per set...

FRONT - Bridgestone battlax S21.
REAR - Bridgestone battlax T31.

That was my last combo and I was really happy with them.

Bridgestone released the battlax S22 recently and that's the combination I'm running right now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts