Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock 08 600rr and want an exhaust. My favorite is toce but it’s way too much money and I fount a slightly used jardine rt1 for $400 and the yosh rs5 and two bros and I think jardine sounds the best. Do you guys know which one is the loudest? Jardine sure sounds loudest of them all. I wanna know which is the loudest or best sounding

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
You’re asking two different questions with two completely different answers.

So what do want loud or best sounding? They are not the same thing.

·
Registered
60 Posts
aside from the used market, I've found most of the exhausts to be pretty similar in price.....

That said, I have a yosh RS-5 used slip on available if interested....

I think akra is still the best SOUNDING can. IT seems to be the best balance of aggression and volume when throttled up, then more mellow tone at cruising/idle. I have a tote installed now, and its definitely loud, especially with my MJ's cat delete, but I don't know that it will be on long term. It can get annoying cruising at 70mph for long runs

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
You are an ambassador for all of us when you're riding......

Why do you want loud, to let the LEO's within a mile know you've been misbehaving?

As to Toce, meh, why do they cost anything more than $10...it's a couple of cheap steel tubes welded together.

Yoshimura, Akrapovic, Arrow, Termignoni, MIVV, Micron etc. are quality.

Toce, 2Brothers, Danmoto are not.

Do it right and get a full exhaust system from any of above (quality) pipes, you'll be happier with your purchase for the life of the bike...

Please, don't go loud?

·
CBRCHRIS
108 Posts
Get a biggun exhaust mines unique sounding compared to everyone having the same mufflers. I’m running arrow racing headers and biggun evo s slip on full titanium piping shaved off 28lbs also

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are an ambassador for all of us when you're riding......

Why do you want loud, to let the LEO's within a mile know you've been misbehaving?

As to Toce, meh, why do they cost anything more than $10...it's a couple of cheap steel tubes welded together.

Yoshimura, Akrapovic, Arrow, Termignoni, MIVV, Micron etc. are quality.

Toce, 2Brothers, Danmoto are not.

Do it right and get a full exhaust system from any of above (quality) pipes, you'll be happier with your purchase for the life of the bike...

Please, don't go loud?
what makes toce not quality compared to the others?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Toce is a y shaped piece of steel pipe.

That's it. Nothing more.

there's nothing to put any quality into......

Plus, I am a noisy/loud bike hater.

PS....I hate squids too!
loud bikes are actually safer and it doesn’t have to be ear piercing loud but just loud enough to hear ya know. I think toce just sounds really nice.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
No, they don’t. It’s just annoying, screaming noise.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
loud bikes are actually safer and it doesn’t have to be ear piercing loud but just loud enough to hear ya know. I think toce just sounds really nice.
That’s not a true, and the Toce is ear piercing.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Good sound = Akra
Loud sound = annoying
I have a shortened Jardine full system, a little too loud for my liking, plus it changes notes at different throttle openings.
Should have bought the Akra, nice note right through the throttle without sounding like a dickhead.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Akrapovic- Looks and smooth not to loud sound and best quality
Yoshimura- full carbon, looks good ear peicing loud and sounds amazing
toce and 2 bros are Walmart exhaust to me and are just made to be overly loud
i have a video on my account of the yosh and akra on dyno

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Akrapovic- Looks and smooth not to loud sound and best quality
Yoshimura- full carbon, looks good ear peicing loud and sounds amazing
toce and 2 bros are Walmart exhaust to me and are just made to be overly loud
i have a video on my account of the yosh and akra on dyno
I think the 2 brothers sounds like **** it sounds rice to me

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
When I see a rider with a loud pipe , I know he's most probably an entry level rider.....

The experienced/skilled riders have top quality kit, and their bikes are super clean and tidy....

Quality counts and the expert riders know it....they spend a lot of time, effort and $$$ getting the right stuff on their bikes.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts