Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 3 year loan through a local bank finally got paid off yesterday, one year early. I dropped the RR down to liability insurance which will run me just under $200 a year through progressive. I think I can do better, I'll be shopping around.

But what a great feeling to finally have it paid off. TRACK DAY HERE I COME. That was always one of the rules I had, Not until it's paid off.

My luck it will get stolen tomorrow. (It's in an alarmed garrage and I haven't heard of anyones bike being stolen around here so I hope not)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Nick P said:
Paid off or not, I'll always have full coverage.
I hear you on that one! I have had my bike paid off for a year now and I'm comtempt in paying $50 a month for the piece of mind of having full coverage.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Yeah mine is paid off but i will keep it fully covered, piece of mind goes a long way.
congratulations though

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I decided to skip the full coverage for several reasons

-Bike theft very rare around here

-and I already have a spare full set of '03 black plastics I picked up for a hell of a deal on here.

I just have to keep the shiney side up (Knock on wood)

If I get bit, I'll deal with it.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I've considered going to just liability once mine's paid off. The piece of mind that comes with full coverage is great, and it would be nice to keep my investment, especially if my bike gets stolen. On the other hand. As much as I'm paying for insurance, I could almost afford to get a second bike if I dropped this one to liability.

·
Registered
136 Posts
ryoung57 said:
I've considered going to just liability once mine's paid off. The piece of mind that comes with full coverage is great, and it would be nice to keep my investment, especially if my bike gets stolen. On the other hand. As much as I'm paying for insurance, I could almost afford to get a second bike if I dropped this one to liability.
See the deal is most people don't know how insureance works. I don't claim to be a foremost expert or anything like that but when most people get a quote for motorcycle insureance they get a quote on opening up an entirely new policy for their bike. Folks it is a whole lot cheeper if you just add your bike to you current car/truck policy. I learned this the hard way, was paying $150 for four months when I first got my bike, swiched to my auto policy company and added my bike went down to $50.00 a month for full coverage.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Have had 2 stolen - peace of mind with the insurance. Even though theft might be rare.. I had mine stolen out of a friends garage, while locked with a Kryptonite lock.

·
Registered
575 Posts
that's great! congrats... i'm almost there too!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
let me start by saying you suck/congrats on the payments.

second, insurance: was under 25, clean record, progressive: 115/month
called farmers insurance which only is biased to CC's not model: under 25: 83/month
turned 25: 22/month
full coverage, $500 deductables

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
silveRRocket said:
Congratulations. I've just got 57 months to go.....
lol, yeah, i got about the same too...
as soon as i come back from cuba and pay of my car, im putting Full coverage on it.
untill i find a M3, for cheap, then its back to basic again. lol.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
HyperDeathKill said:
Hey Whrez, what type of alarm system do you have in your garage?
It's hardwired into the house system that I wired up when I built the place.

Check radio shack for all kinds of options including wireless

·
Registered
904 Posts
I couldn't get a bike until i had the cash to put down for it, there was no way i was gonna be able to afford full coverage insurace.......I'm 19

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
just paid one off??? thats nothing!!! i have paid off 3 bikes since last july!!! just paid the 600rr off 2 weeks ago

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
must be nice to deploy and come back with all that loot.
dont worry my turn is coming, Bahrain 6 months next year.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts