Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I think I was just scammed by my mechanic...

So I had a lot going on this summer and never got to working on my bike that wasn't starting. I took it to the shop because I'm in the process of moving and I just needed to get it fixed and sold quickly.

They call me after I drop it off and say the fuel pump has issues, I tell them to replace. Now I could hear the fuel pump run when I turned the bike on, and I even told that to the guy who helped me unload it from my truck, so I was thinking there was just some other problem with it that I'm not knowledgeable enough to know about. They call me back later and tell me it's still not starting after replacing the fuel pump.

Obviously I should have asked this question before I gave them the OK. What I want to know is can the fuel pump have any other problems besides just being faulty or were they in the wrong? I want to know if I can honestly give them hell. >:)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hard to say. It could be that it was working fine and they are throwing parts at it at your expense, or that it was faulty and they honestly thought it was the issue, or either one of those cases brought a different issue to light.

If you really wanted to investigate, you could have gotten your old fuel pump back from them and taken it to another shop and ask them to test it and see if it's fine. Then take that info to the original shop and raise hell. If they haven't gotten it fixed and running yet though, after a week, I'd say either there is something seriously wrong or they don't know what they are doing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts