Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today as I was riding down WestBypass to my softball game, an old lady in a brand new white Mercedes decided to cross from the right lane over to the left lane....the only problem was that I was right next to her in the left lane. I was about 2 feet from her window and blipped the throttle several times but she was to busy talking on her cell phone to pay any attention to me. I was forced to get on the brakes pretty hard to avoid being pushed into the concrete medium. Even after I got behind her and got over on her passenger side and blipped the throttle several times, she still never even looked over once. Keep in mind that I've got a Jardine RT-1 race baffle pipe on my bike so it's loud as hell.

This kind of stuff seems to happen to me about once a month......is this common for you guys also, or am I just really unlucky? I'm a very defensive rider, and try to not get in spots that I can't get out of in a hurry...but sometimes there is just nowhere to go.

What are some of the close calls you guys have had with stupid drivers ??

·
Registered
729 Posts
an idiot lady on her cell phone basically did the same thing to me, just came out of this new car dealers parking lot going slow as hell and just pulled out in front of me going mad slow... i changed lanes after she was about a foot from me and got right next to her revved my **** up to get her attention then just shock my head at her, then just got on it and passed her. ( i cant stand jersey drivers...)

·
Registered
540 Posts
i made a turn onto an outer road and was in the left getting on the highway. some asshat in a lexus came up right beside me and started lookin over. i was behind a dump truck and couldn't accel. he just looked at me and started coming over, i guess b/c he didn't want to miss the onramp. i got over as far as i could and got on the horn, and he braked and cut off the guy behind me.

going down the highway, i flicked him off, and then getting off at the next exit i flicked him off again, and he came behind me. hit the light and he pulled up next to me. w/ his window up he's yellin at me and miming "you flicked me off" and i read his lips "what's your problem". i was furious. i pointed at him and yelled "you're my ******* problem a$$hole" and the light changed and he drove off as i turned. friggin idiot...

i just try to stay the hell away from cars... too many idiots...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Another lady on a cell phone

I also about got run over by a lady in the left lane on her cell. Just decided to come over into my lane without using a signal, looking or anything. I had to slam on the brakes, then she saw me and just STOPPED in the middle of both lanes. UHG... I got really irritaed and zipped around her shaking my head. I just wish people would pay attention. What seems so easy to me seems impossible for others.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Me and my bud were riding up a 4-lane street by my house (which is next to a park).. Some lady in a big truck was turning left (towards us) out of the park parking lot, and she kept creeping out and out looking to the right, never *once* looked left and saw there was traffic coming (namely US). She started creeping out when we were maybe 50ft away doing 40mph. She started to stop only covering one lane, so as I quickly downshifted and hit the brakes(i was in right lane, buddy was in left), my buddy saw her stopping and attempted to quickly get around the front of her. As soon as he started to tilt the bike to the left, the truck picked back up and continued her turn, right in front of him. He quickly leaned it all the way to the right and back left behind the truck, missing it by a few inches..

If it werent for the fact that I had to rush over to him to make sure he was alright after being that shaken up I would've definately chased her @ss down..

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
This is so frickin crazy it's funny. My buddy and I rode to Huntsville to eat at Hooters last summer when we left 2 hot girls pulled up beside us and asked how to get to a certain mall so my buddy knowing the area pretty well proceeded to give them directions (while I proceeded checking out things since the top was down on their convertable) Light turns green we all start turning left and the girl proceeded right over on us. I had to jump over a median curb so I wouldn't get ran over!

·
Registered
557 Posts
This is a major problem in Northern Virginia and the DC area. We have lots of cars and lots of pissed off distracted drivers. My tactics for riding in traffic is to stay in the left lane and I never over lap a car. Meaning I’m either passing or I’m waiting to pass never sitting in a blind spot. As far as trucks are concerned just stay the **** away from them. Things fall off, big things and they have more blind spots then any other vehicle on the road. If you have a gap and the shoulder then you have an escape, if you’re right next to the cager then your toast if “Last minute Larry” decides to lane change without looking. I always cover the front brake when dealing with highways (AKA dicks on cell phones). If there is a concrete medium and no shoulder then I go to the right lane but look out for those on ramps. Its up to you to be a little more aggressive and protect yourself when in heavy traffic because you’re never going to win in a car hit bike accident. I’ve been riding the mean streets for 27 years now and never had any really bad get offs so I think my tactics have worked pretty good so far. (KNOCK ON WOOD)As far as close calls for me this year one rabbit and a truck on my side of the road in a blind curve, so far so good.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Oh almost forgot about the animals. So far this year i've almost hit a rabit and a stupid Canadian nasty green poopin goose!!!(missed it by a few inches on the highway)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey, it's IQraceworks....I thought that was you. I'm loving this jardine btw.

Yeah, people pull out in front of me almost every day. That happened to me the very first time I rode my old ninja to work last year. I had stopped at a stop sign on weaver road. I was getting ready to go and started to pull out when a truck pulling a trailer barrels through the stop and never even looked. Then he sees me as he's going through the intersection and stops after he goes all the way through it. I was so mad I wanted to hop off my bike and go flatten all his tires.:evil3:

·
Registered
617 Posts
Wednesday morning I was in stop-n-go traffic going to work when I was next to this Suburban in his blind spot (I am on his left). We were going about 20-25mph at the moment. His lane had to exit so he starts coming over into my lane so I give the horn a quick beep. I can see him look in his mirror because he hears my horn but of course still doesn't see me. So he continues to come over then I just lay on the horn and get up to his window. He has this shocked/surprised look on his face and quickly gets back over into his lane. Freakin' moron, next time use the neck that God gave you and turn your damn head to look.

·
Registered
206 Posts
i was on the highway, it started to get a little dusty. i was in traffic so i had my face shield up, right when i put down my shield a rock hits my shield right in the middle going atround 45mph ish.

·
Registered
320 Posts
1st time I rode/learned on a bike (taught myself b4 going to MSF class; had the bike delievered ahead of time), was on my 600RR, 1st roll of the throttle, went 2 blocks through traffic...almost FKN killed myself. Thats bout it

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
jonnyv said:
1st time I rode/learned on a bike (taught myself b4 going to MSF class; had the bike delievered ahead of time), was on my 600RR, 1st roll of the throttle, went 2 blocks through traffic...almost FKN killed myself. Thats bout it
Sorry but that's some funny stuff right there I lmao on that one. I was riding in front of my wife the other day and she's just learning. We stop at a stop sign turning left and I go first on my RR then I hear her motor rev up and as she hit the dip at the stop sign she gunned the motor on her Rebel and almost ran off a hill into some apartments. It scared the SHAAAAT out of me until I realized she was ok then I laughed real hard.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts