Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 19,000 miles on my little girl and she seems to kick as if she was brand new. How many miles will they generally receive before a rebuild is necessary?

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
19 k ain't nothing if proper maintenance is performed
sold my 03 RR with 44 k miles , 94 CBR F2 52k miles

K

·
0 Posts
depends on how much you abuse it. there's a member on here who's F4i has over 100k on it and it still rolls along at a like new pace. IIRC all he did was regular maintenance.

just because it's a motorcycle doesn't mean the engines wear out faster. that's simply crap.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
depends on how much you abuse it. there's a member on here who's F4i has over 100k on it and it still rolls along at a like new pace. IIRC all he did was regular maintenance.

just because it's a motorcycle doesn't mean the engines wear out faster. that's simply crap.
Its not that they are motorcycles. Its that they pump out damn near or over 200hp/liter. and 100,000 miles. Thats atleast 4 to 5 times more then your average kia. Bomb.

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
You can not compare a kia engine or any car engine to a bike engine
wear and tear ain't the same

·
Registered
68 Posts
And simply there design. bike engines are designed to with stand high rev-ing and power. while a kia is a piece of ****. so really no comparison

·
Registered
304 Posts
the odds of you wearing out a honda engine are slim, (undernormal conditions) have seen an 03rr with over 42000km and a VFR with over 82000km. you have better odds of wrecking the bike before the engine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
These things seem to last forever. I have 19,600 miles on my '06. when I went in for major maintenance at 16,000 miles, the valves were still within spec, had no adjustments required at all. Maintain it on schedule, you could see 100,000 miles on the motor.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
753 Posts
that was nuts. how many miles did he put on that thing. I would have never expected a R1 to be that reliable.
250,000km or 114,000 miles on a race motor, (not the best choice for long distance). Google his name and you can find more info. The guy is a character. I mean, who would pick an R1 to ride around the world?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts