1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
3600 seconds...
...60 minutes...
...or 1 hour to most....

You can build a CBR, thats exactly how long the Japanese take to churn out 1 Cross Beam Racer, on a production line.

It begins at the Honda factory, with the engine. The engine starts upside down, assembling peices from the bottom up. Starting with the underside the crankshaft/transmission and cam chains are inserted.

Later on it's on the line having little electronic machines buzzing in the screws holding in the clutch plates. At the final assembly line, the engine is flipped over by mechanical arm or as Honda say "turned upside down, in the right direction". There are 36 different steps to building a Honda engine. The engine begins being hoisted through the floors, maximising the space in the factory, by this stage they are mostly painted, on all the areas that won't be touching other parts again.

On another assembly line the forks are peiced together and reflectors added and the mudguard put on, the the wheel and tyres and brake discs are peiced onto the forks, a cover is placed over the painted mudguard to avoid scratching. Those are hoisted along a line joined by exhausts systems on the same line and little orange trays holding screws and parts. Computers synchronise them to arrive just on the assembly line where the bike is being assembled so that as they put on the forks, they arrive to go on and for the right bike.

For the final assembly line the first step, is to install the engine into the frame. There are 43 work stations the 'bike' will pass through, on an average day with 2 shifts covering 16hours, 850 bikes are produced.

Each one, in precisely 3600 seconds.

After each bike is completed, the fairings are all on and the lights and electronics are tested, the bikes are started up and ridden a few metres to a test platform by a Honda mechanic(sorry folks, somebody sat on your bike and rode it before you ever did!). The exhaust fumes go through a grate that lifts out of the floor and covers the whole rear area of the motorcyle sucking the fumes out(not a tube like most dyno's, they do this all day some fumes getting out into the room isn't tolerated.

The final inspection, it runs computerised tests on the engine, brakes, suspension and instruments as well as using a special light sensor to ensure the headlights are perfectly aimed.

Then a technician bumps the front forks, turns them and leans the bike on the stand checks throttle operation through full lock side to side.

Into the crate, sealed, a new one in every 60 seconds crossing the line, and shipped to wherever it's headed.

Honda

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
wouldnt doubt it. If a drag team can tear apart and rebuild an entire 8000hp engine in under 70 mins i believe it
This isn't a story lol, this is from the Honda factory itself, 3600 is exactly the time it takes start to finish :shakehand and I've seen them assemble a 2007 CBR600RR on video in the factory, they really are this fast.

I worked in airport security once, same kind of target, do not stop the x-ray belt. Do so at your perile, naturally unless you see a bomb...

Also I vote for Cross Beam not City Bike!! :p

^You can see the forks on the conveyer belt like i said covered to prevent scratches

^final assembly line for a CBF?

·
Registered
714 Posts
i guess the video for the lazy's like me not wanting to read past 10 words in your awesome novel of a post

fcuk these videos narrator or director say blah blah when you twist the throttle so many times.. lol its so annoying

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Yea, i dont remember questioning it, i completely believe you. If thats what you do for a living you better be damn fast and effecient at it
This isn't a story lol, this is from the Honda factory itself, 3600 is exactly the time it takes start to finish :shakehand and I've seen them assemble a 2007 CBR600RR on video in the factory, they really are this fast.

I worked in airport security once, same kind of target, do not stop the x-ray belt. Do so at your perile, naturally unless you see a bomb...

Also I vote for Cross Beam not City Bike!! :p

^You can see the forks on the conveyer belt like i said covered to prevent scratches

^final assembly line for a CBF?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts