Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I consider the 07 CBR 600RR to be the about the best bike anyone could purchase for the track. What car would be your choice for the track or autocross?

·
Registered
345 Posts
on a budget, the obvious answer would be a turbo awd vehicle.. like a impreza or lancer.. simply a chip mod can put enough hp down to turn some heads.. get a larger turbo and your set for life..

·
Registered
137 Posts
autocross ill go with a miata or mini cooper, for the track id want a lancer evo.

·
Resident Arai Freak
2,808 Posts
If money was no problem, I would say Elise or Z06.

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
427 Shelby cobra...pff n contest. What a blast that would be.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
are we talking regular cars or including exotics? Evo and STi would be my normal choice. when it comes to exotics, Enzo or Carrera GT.

·
Registered
184 Posts
track, meaning drag strip, or auto cross, 2 completely different suspension set ups. Depends on your price range and if you want something that performs out of the box, or something that you can build for yourself. It's such an open ended question, there is no answer.

BTW the corvettes were getting owned all day at M.I.R. for imports vs. domestics. (drag)

K

·
0 Posts
track, meaning drag strip, or auto cross, 2 completely different suspension set ups. Depends on your price range and if you want something that performs out of the box, or something that you can build for yourself. It's such an open ended question, there is no answer.

BTW the corvettes were getting owned all day at M.I.R. for imports vs. domestics. (drag)
which is why if i were to go to a drag strip, i'd take a Supera.

·
Registered
267 Posts
the Evo is a car where you can produce a lot of power for not a lot of money. so that would be my choice

·
Registered
184 Posts
the Evo is a car where you can produce a lot of power for not a lot of money. so that would be my choice

but the argument is the original cost. Not a lot of money to produce a lot of power, but a lot of money to buy it to begin with. Add it all up and it's a lot more expensive than building a different car from scratch, but as i said, out of the box, or actually build something.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, I meant for it to be open ended. Many of us here track our bikes and I was curious what cars this group thinks would make a fun track car, whether it be realistic or not.

When I was referring to the "track", I was referring to road courses, as opposed to drag strips or autocrosses.

K

·
0 Posts
I hope you mean a highly modified one, because my car is as fast as a '98 tt supra now as it sits. My friend has one. 40,000 original miles.
of rediculous perportions. i was watching NOPI Tunervision on speed and saw a Supera turning 8's.

daymn...

·
Registered
184 Posts
weight distribution, not to much power and excellent suspension can be attained on most cars. Really comes down to a good starting platform and skill of the driver/tuner. You can kick ass with a 07 zo6, or a 86 corolla, or a 2005 s2000, it depends on what you want, and what you can afford really.

·
"Superman dat hoe"
1,702 Posts
I think everyone is thinking too new. I would say on a budget most definetly would be a second generation Mazda RX7 FC. My buddy has had 5 of em. One was a track car that was totally badass. Even with a lame 1.3 liter non turbo 2 rotor this thing would carve corners. Full JIC coilovers, Caged, upgraded brakes from an FD. Thing was badass. Plus he had another FC that had a rebuilt 13B that had been dowel pinned and street ported. Slapped on a little To4B with 15lbs of boost and that car would ROAST the tires in second. Turn down the boost and it was a nice little canyon carver

1 - 20 of 92 Posts