• Illusion Cherry

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be powder coating my calipers and I'm stuck on which color to powder coat. I've narrowed it down to two types of red.

They'll be going on my bike with the current color scheme of white/gold/black. Pic here:

#1 Illusion Red

OR

#2 Illusion Cherry

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Neither wasn't an option. So I didnt vote.

Why would you choose red? There's nothing else red on that bike.
I was thinking of or trying for the brembo / cage look of red calipers. Not sure how it'll turn out. Shoot now that i think of it i should have added the neither option to the poll.

I didn't think gold would look good because the calipers are close to the wheels and it'll look like a conglomerate of gold in that area.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Another for leaving them black. Blends in well with the fork bottoms but it's your bike. If you're jonesing to pimp it a bit down there why not just get some braided lines that have red anodised banjos? That would be a subtle touch.

·
Registered
14,359 Posts
You could media blast and polish them. Not what I would prefer, but definitely a blingy touch.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
unneccessary. nickel plating is excellent. chrome is for harleys
Yeah I feel the same way. I definitely don't feel the chrome/polished look. Chrome on a sports bike reminds me too much of a ricer (don't flame me pls).

I think chrome belongs on harleys and hot rodders.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 44 Posts