Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys, so I picked up my '06 600rr last week and all it came with was a water damaged manual.. nothin else not in the toolbox nothin. I went back and they gave me a wrench, a socket and helmet cable in that sdc pouch or whatever it is, and the honda safe rider tips book. But now after reading the manual it says something about a plastic bag for the owners manual... maybe if that was there it wouldn't be damaged. So what was supposed to come with it? All I bought was the bike from them, no accessories.

Thanks
-Andy

·
Registered
553 Posts
Pssssshhhh...you got ripped off. Mine came with a zip-loc baggy....take it back.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
xCOOCOOKALx said:
Pssssshhhh...you got ripped off. Mine came with a zip-loc baggy....take it back.
i got one with mine too! hahaha....take it back mang!

youre SOL! as far as the toolkit goes for 06 bikes...
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=40952

if your owners manual came water damaged...you should take it back and tell
them to replace it. im assuming that before they gave the bike to you...
the dealer guys probably washed the bike and didnt take the manual out of
the storage compartment under the passenger seat.

btw, i never got this bag you speak of. the day i brought the bike home...i grabbed from the kitchen,
my own ziplock bag to put the owners manual and paperwork in. the same bag is still in use. ;)

·
Registered
856 Posts
Some dealers prolly put the bikes outside on display. It's possible that they had it outside and it rained, or it got wet when they washed/detailed it. In any case, the manual should have been sealed in a ziplock bag as stated above. My '06 didn't come with anything but a helmet cable in a nylon pouch + Owner's manual and safe riding tips book.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
My manual was ALSO water damaged but I noticed before I left and asked for a new one. I didn't get a zip-lock baggy just a plastic bag that was already ripped open.

Sounds like you got everything it should come with.

K

·
0 Posts
as far as the MOM goes, yeah, oh well... it got wet. big whoop.

but for the toolkit, yeah, that little baggie of junk is all you're entitled to when you buy it. Apparently, Honda thinks it costs them too much and cuts too far into their profits to include the tools on a new bike that costs MSRP $8995... why include something that would enable the rider to fix a lot of things on the road when we can CHARGE him to bring it in? bs.

I walked in too pick up the bike and when i found out that the tool kit wasn't included in the bike, i demanded a toolkit or the bike stays here and i take my check somewhere else. i got one no questions asked.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I didnt have that problem with my manual. of course i made them go out back and pull the one i wanted out of a crate and waited on them to put fluids in it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Seriously. I thought my water damaged owner's manual was just an abberation. I didn't get tools, but that is my fault for not knowing better. But jeez, the manual looked like it fell in a toilet.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Thought I was the only guy who did the Ziplock mod for the owner's manual. I did that the day I brought it home too. My 06 only came with the owner's manual, blue pouch with helmet lock cable, hex wrench, and rider tips book. We don't get anything else with the 06.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Mine came with a bag for my book. I also keep an extra ziploc in the back for if I get caught out in the rain to put my phone and MP3 in.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So if I was to buy the '05 toolkit online, what should I make sure it comes with?

·
Registered
865 Posts
i always thought it was kinda shady that honda doesnt include the solo seat cowl like many manufactures do.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Mine came with best wishes from my dealer...........I am glad to say it didn't need anything else!!! Oh! I love my cbr600rr 2006!!!! The F-16 of the highways!

·
Registered
560 Posts
I was shorted the manual and tool kit. the dealership tried to order the kit and finally got the manual. I went to the dealer and he grabbed the tool kit off an 06. I would not let the off the hook.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts