Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as the title states I traded my 05 600rr tribal for a 06 gsxr750.

The decision was a hard one.

After pricing what it would cost for mods (painted swingarm and bits, slipper clutch, velocity stacks, pcIIIusb, dyno tune etc....), the fact I'm on the heavier side of riders (190lbs), my beloved 600rr is at the end of it's manufacturing cycle (soon to be replaced by the new 07 model) and the fact i haven't done any track days (I want to just need to find the time and money to do so) me and the RR decided to part ways.

In stepped the gsxr which comes standard with practically everything I was looking for. With the extra cc's (more grunt all around to carry my excess weight), slipper clutch, steering damper, gear indicater the gsxr won me over. The slightly lower seat height was also a plus.

It wasn't an instant love, the fact it isn't a honda and the weird swing arm and fram welds have me a little nervous about build quality. Also it's a squids favorite (whats with the warning stickers all over the bike. Is it not enough to include them in the manual). But all in all I'm pretty happy with the purchase.

Of case I'll still be here trolling around and if I ever get enough money to have a track bike it'll be a 600rr.
Thanks for the stay and all the advice, see you around.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
so did you get the sandals, wife beater, oakleys and suntan lotion incentives with the purchase?

haha just joking congrats on the purchase. give us some reviews on this vs. the RR after a few hundred miles.

·
Registered
787 Posts
190lbs is heavy ? im about 190! hahah

either way congrats on the new ride, i like those new gixxer too

·
Registered
362 Posts
Definately would be interested on how you feel about the gixer vs. the RR after a little while bro. Let us know. Post up some pics.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The design on the new gixxers are nice. I like the integrated front and rear blinkers and the overall look of the new gixxers. Congrats on the new purchase.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Squid favorite - very true, but at least you went with the 750 which is a solid bike. I had a chance to ride the 06 gsxr 600 and the torque at low rpm's made me a fan. Personally, however, I hated the riding position and the integrated rear turn signals just felt cheap with the plastics combination. At least you didn't purchase a hyabusa - the true squid choice.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I've done the same thing...and I love my 750 so far. I can't say the same thing to gixxer.com. I have yet to get a good piece of info from that website. Think I rather stay around here. Best of luck with the new bike.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
congrat's on the new bike, nothing wrong w/the gsxr750 IMO had a few in the past and thinking of another one in the future.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think you bought a great bike. I have been looking at that myself. My '05 600rr is set up for trackdays and is way faster than I am, but I like the compact feel of the 750.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
it's a nice bike, I like the look and features but damn do I just hate the way the seating position is on the bike... Anyway, if your happy with it then thats all that matters, now go watch that gasolina video for inspiration! ................. right.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Well, there was that crash involved with the 1000cc Gixxer race bike involving frame welds, ended with a seriously injured rider.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I highly doubt you'll regret it.

I'm a big Honda lover, but I picked off my suzuki for a great price this season, and I am truly happy I made the switch now. The gixxer is not built as crappy as people make them out to be. There are pluses and minuses to both bikes, but neither are hurting too badly in any category. I think you made a great choice

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all the posts not exiling me!!!!

I'll do a post up in a month a so with some comparisons.

By the way if there is anyone in the Central Jersey area who needs (or wants) some stock turn signals (front and rear) and/or muffler let me know. FREEEE!!!

I'm not into selling stuff on e_ay and with the support I received from this site it's only fair I return the love.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
I weigh 210lbs and the RR hauls my azz around just fine.

b ut I hear what your saying the new gixxer does have a few little extras that are appealing. I'm not nor have I ever been a suzuki fan though, I don't really know why but I just have never even thought about a suzuki, it's always my last choice.

good luck with the new 750 though, thats a nice azz bike.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts