Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

8961 - 8980 of 9019 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I also finished up the "final" touches to my harbor Freight trailer today. I threw some timken bearings in it, and greased those babies up.

Also just put on the GB Racing case protectors.

I know this thread is ancient but I was wondering which harbor freight trailer this is and what you put down for the deck. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Got a tracker fitted, can sleep at night now without waking up and running to the garage to see if the bike is still there :) instead ill get a nice little text if it gets touched and if it moves a bit further the rozzers will be on the case

Which tracker did you go with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
389 Posts
This thread needs a bump

Gave my 600RR some fresh oil today.
Shell Rotella T4 (15w-40) and an oem oil filter (anyone know where to get an oem filter for cheap? I'm paying more for the filter than the oil lol).

Usually I have changed the oil around 2k miles but on this last interval I went close to 3k. Oil came out looking a nice golden brown. This time I think I will go all the way to 3k. >:)

·
Registered
940 Posts
I decided to keep her. Was seriously mulling picking up a 1k with some crazy specials that the local dealership have but decided to stick to my guns. I have promised myself not to buy another new bike anyway....so I'm working on a new car haha!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rode to work black 05

quick ride to work ....not much happening at AIRBUS Sydney today
got a new tinted screen and black RR hee lguards coming in the post today....its just like Christmas....again..
maybe post a pic tomorrow ...if i can figure it out and the work comp server allows it ????

Attachments

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,811 Posts
Those heel guards will bend way too easily and may end up gouging your swingarm. Seen it before

The section between the Rs is tiny, you could literally break them in half with your hand

·
Registered
6 Posts
today bought chain and sprockets (525, -1(15)front and stock(42) rear), integrated tail light, led plate lights, spark plugs, oil filter, done custom FE (cost about 2euros)..
now looking for new aftermarket fairing kit and air duct.

cant wait to mount everything on bike.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Pipe 2 weeks ago

Then last week I installed a bazzaz ZFI unit which gave me no end of dramas trying to sort out a fault which turned out to be a loose pin in the main plug

Next week I should have a new fairing bolt kit, K and N air filter, rear sets and a fender eliminator.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I TRIED to ride it today... that count?

But my bike decided to break itself today instead.

Today was the first day we've had here in about a month that I could ride. No ice on the roads, and most of the salt and sand is off of the roads.
So, I drag the RR out of the garage and fire it up. Let her warm up a few mins while I gear up. I come out, throw a leg over, and click her into gear.

Engine dies.

Odd. Fire her up... weak battery? Odd. Click her into gear, dies again. Will not re-start. CLICK-CLICK-CLICK...

Very odd. Grab the small booster pack from the "trunk". No dice. cranks, no start. Gas the **** out of her while cranking... fires up, then dies.

Well, F me.

I've got the 1year old Yusa YTZ10S on the charger, and I'll see whats what when the battery is fully charged. Going to see if the charging system is working.

Oh, and the supermoto's tag has aparently cracked in half and fallen off on my last ride, so I cant ride that either... So much for enjoying the beautiful 50 degree day on a bike.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I TRIED to ride it today... that count?

But my bike decided to break itself today instead.

Today was the first day we've had here in about a month that I could ride. No ice on the roads, and most of the salt and sand is off of the roads.
So, I drag the RR out of the garage and fire it up. Let her warm up a few mins while I gear up. I come out, throw a leg over, and click her into gear.

Engine dies.

Odd. Fire her up... weak battery? Odd. Click her into gear, dies again. Will not re-start. CLICK-CLICK-CLICK...
Was your kick stand down?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Was your kick stand down?
I wish it was that easy!

I really have no idea what it was. It wouldnt even stay running after a jumper box start. Would start with a little throttle, but as soon as the rpm came down it died. Killed the charge on the jumper box too. I pulled the battery out and threw it on the charger until it was 100%. After that she fired right up and has been running perfectly since.

She just didnt want me riding that day I guess. :wink2:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Pipe 2 weeks ago

Then last week I installed a bazzaz ZFI unit which gave me no end of dramas trying to sort out a fault which turned out to be a loose pin in the main plug

Next week I should have a new fairing bolt kit, K and N air filter, rear sets and a fender eliminator.
Is that a micron muffler?
Beautiful fit 👌

·
Registered
382 Posts
today bought chain and sprockets (525, -1(15)front and stock(42) rear), integrated tail light, led plate lights, spark plugs, oil filter, done custom FE (cost about 2euros)..
now looking for new aftermarket fairing kit and air duct.

cant wait to mount everything on bike.
Ugh, why did you go with 525? 520 is just as strong (or stronger) then stock 525. 520 would be a noticeable difference in conjunction with the -1/+0. That said though, also throw on a new air filter. 520 -1/+0 with a new higher flowing air filter (I don't recommend a race filter, but something higher flowing than stock). just the 520 kit and sprockets with air filter will be very noticeable, and you'll be power wheeling again (assuming the bike struggles currently)

Edit to add: Today I rode my bike, and in fact almost every time I ride my bike I unfortunately think of wibbly. It's a curse that I don't think I will ever overcome. To this day, I'm still amazed that my bike is actually running with the butchering I did.

So to this man, I give thanks again... thanks **** head :drunk:

8961 - 8980 of 9019 Posts