Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

8981 - 9000 of 9019 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Fitting up race plastics.... Hate to admit it but the armor bodies 09 bodywork fits like garbage. Far worse than the hotbodies I had.

Every single piece has needed some sort of trimming.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Went on a nice 200 mile treck throughout San Diego County the other day. Crossed the 40k mile milestone :banger:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Removed Toce exhaust and installed stock exhaust. I did like the looks, and I did like the way it sounded, problem was it's just too darn loud! Value my hearing more than the cool looks and sound! Decibel charts are with bike idling. Ahhh, much better now...

·
Registered
389 Posts
Keep in mind there are alternative slip ons that give you a nice tone without the excessive volume.

I have a micron on my 600. Sounds really nice but not obnoxious at all.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
I had the Yoshimura RS-5 and it was deafening sometimes even with earplugs. I found you can order a baffle insert from Yoshimura and its so much more enjoyable to ride now.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Did my 1st track day with the new bike. The other (4) times I went were on rented bikes. I can already notice a psychological boost being on MY bike! I am still riding in the novice group but feeling comfortable I'm getting closer to moving up.
Also, It was the last track day at NYST this year and they were selling off some gear. I picked up a used suit, boots, and gloves for $300. Now I have all the equipment, so next time it'll just cost me the entry fee.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Good luck in a high speed crash. Figure the cost of a new engine. Frame sliders are good for low speed and accidental drops. Anything high speed and count on them ripping your engine case, or flipping your bike. I don't know - luckily I've never experienced that! However I have experienced a few low speed crashes where frame sliders would have probably helped. To this day I avoid them!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Good luck in a high speed crash. Figure the cost of a new engine. Frame sliders are good for low speed and accidental drops. Anything high speed and count on them ripping your engine case, or flipping your bike. I don't know - luckily I've never experienced that! However I have experienced a few low speed crashes where frame sliders would have probably helped. To this day I avoid them!
Thanks. Hopefully I won't ever test them in a high speed crash!

·
Registered
621 Posts
I like that in grey, but will you be painting it?

My bike's currently sat battery-less while I get my tricklecharger tested by the manufacturer to see if it's working properly. It just won't charge my battery over 12.4V although it tells me the battery is strong.

Then will need to buy a new regulator/rectifier for the bike, as i think mine is overcharging the battery (which may have killed it).
Hopefully I don't need a new R/R as well as a new battery!

8981 - 9000 of 9019 Posts