Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I saw some awsome pics of Your bikes and cars around here, and I want to know what digital photo camera do U guys have and use to make such a beautiful pics???
I want to buy a new digi photo camera and I don't know which one to buy... I have my old Nikon coolpix 3100 with 3.2 Mpix, but want something new for offcourse great price...

Please help...

Thanks

D

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi guys. I saw some awsome pics of Your bikes and cars around here, and I want to know what digital photo camera do U guys have and use to make such a beautiful pics???
I want to buy a new digi photo camera and I don't know which one to buy... I have my old Nikon coolpix 3100 with 3.2 Mpix, but want something new for offcourse great price...

Please help...

Thanks

D
Most of the photos that you see that look high quality are probably from DSLR cameras.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I thought so... but I was thinking to go for DSLR now...just not sure yet...which is the beast value for money...Nikon, Canon, Fuji, Olympus or else...???

·
Registered
154 Posts
dude i bought my chick a little NIKON for like 200 and she loves it. the thing takes great pics. Action pics, scenery and great low light pics. I'm usually a canon kind of guy but her nikon rocks.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
which model of Nikon ???

·
Registered
112 Posts
if you're looking to start learning about how to choose one, check out any electronics blog or you can even start out at cnet.com for some basic info.

hope you find one you like! oh, and if you get a point and shoot compact... make sure its got a decent shutter speed...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
will do, thanks...

·
Registered
748 Posts
I use a nikon d70s, its a higher end dslr, but an older model, they can be found on ebay and such used for pretty good prices. If not the new d40 are fairly in expensive... I paid 650.00 for my body, 3 lenses, 2 batteries, and a few other little things.

·
Registered
659 Posts
i got a canon 30D, great peice of kit...
+1 i have this also...love my canon. Also to add if no major photo shops are near you, go to b and h and look up the prices, and then show that to best buy and they will price match.

·
Registered
659 Posts

Go SLR :)

Canon Digital Rebel XT/XTi/XSi depending upon your budget.
Nikon D40/D40x depending upon your budget.
You mean DSLR cuz you shot with an xt. but nice pic none the less. Although i'm not a fan of those orange-y(not even a word i know lol) lights, could use a good custom wb.

ON a side note, how much are people charging for the xsi now?

·
Registered
650 Posts
^^^ Does anyone buy film SLRs anymore (outside of the Mamiya/Hasselblad large format crowd)???

BTW, shot in RAW and adjusted, two primary sources of illumination, neither were sodium (orange) type lights, they were too "white" and I like my photos warmer. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts

Go SLR :)

Canon Digital Rebel XT/XTi/XSi depending upon your budget.
Nikon D40/D40x depending upon your budget.
canon XSi FTW! great cam, just dont buy it on those sites where you see it for like 300-400, i almost did and they have really shiitty reviews. like they sell the cams with missing parts and try and make you buy them. just a little fyi

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
an old school sony cybershot 5.1 MP

·
Registered
470 Posts
I would definately go with a starter DSLR like the XTi. If you have never used these types of cameras before there will be a learning curve and the starter DSLR are a great place to start. Once you get comfortable using the camera you can sell it and upgrade. Good luck making you choice

1 - 20 of 54 Posts