Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im starting my final simester on thursday, and i am hopefully starting my part time job with state farm soon. this will leave me with no time to ride, plus i wanna get the 1000rr in the spring.... do u think i should put my bike for sale?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I would suggest that you sell your bike in the spring, because the winter season is almost here, and you will probebly get a better deal selling your bike in the spring than winter.

V

·
0 Posts
Keep in mind it will be worth less then. If you arent going to be riding it much now or until the Spring, you might as well sell it now. Another thing is that the 05 models will be out and there will probably be cheap 04 left overs. Sell it now before people realize that a newer, possibly better/revised model is coming out.

C

·
0 Posts
I would hold onto your bike and ride it as much as you can. When spring comes around, buy a new gauge with not many miles on it, install it, and sell it with low miles ;-)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey All,
I have a 2001 F4I that I might need to sell.
Red/Black, Bra, yosh,Red Mirrored windscreen, Teny Tiny farbon Ciber turn signals,as well as all the stock schtuff I took off.
I have had the Bike for about a year No complaints.
The person I bought it from also had a new in the box Rear fender farring/pharing/fering-(however its spelled).
Never Down. garaged, 20K miles
+2 on the rear sprocket.
Oh ya, Its beautiful.
please IM or email me if anyone is interested.

Thanks,

V

·
0 Posts
CHRISKF4I, Welcome to the forum... sorry to tell you this, but this isnt how you should make your first post. lol Try not to hijack someone elses thread and start your own in the for sale section. Feel free to introduce yourself in the off topic forum. Enjoy your stay. If you have any questions.. check out the FAQ forum first before you do anything else.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Morice877, sell it in the spring. There will be a whole bunch of riders starting to ride in the spring and they won't know/care about the 04/05 difference. I have done this before and it seems to work for me. Just start looking on ebay next spring under CBR. There will be a span of a week or two where listings start to skyrocket. When you see the number of CBR listings starting to jump, list your bike. At least from my experience, you will make considerably more than you thought. Just my opinion though.

BTW...I wouldn't suggest buying a gauge with lower milage. That is just plain dishonest. Again, just my opinion.

C

·
0 Posts
I was kidding about the guage thing. Ecxcept actually my friend crashed his 02 gsxr 750 with a new guage on it. The old guage was shot so the warranty replaced it. It should have read 9000 miles but instead the new guage read 500 miles or something. So the insurance company gave him alot more money back because of the low miles.... Is that still being dishonest? :lol2:

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Turn it into a track bike and then buy a 1000RR for the street next year! You'll have the best of both worlds.

Not sure what you should really do, but if you have the money...do the both thing.

·
Registered
418 Posts
i think the best solution is to ship it to me in nc, the weather here is perfect for storing a bike, humidity, temp, dew point, etc. Ill hold on to it for you free of charge because i like to considere myself a nice charitable guy

·
Registered
932 Posts
cvlighthouse said:
I was kidding about the guage thing. Ecxcept actually my friend crashed his 02 gsxr 750 with a new guage on it. The old guage was shot so the warranty replaced it. It should have read 9000 miles but instead the new guage read 500 miles or something. So the insurance company gave him alot more money back because of the low miles.... Is that still being dishonest? :lol2:
My bad cvlight...I guess it's just hard for me to "read" sarcasm :banghead:. My apologies :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
You're going to get mixed views on wether to sell it now or in spring, both are going to have valid points as far as holding on to it or selling it, My opinion is figure out how much you think it's worth (how much you want for it) post it and see if you have any takers. if so you sell it, if not you wait till spring and will probably have a buyer to anxious to wait for the dealer to get a used bike in.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
everyone does have some good points, i dont want to sell the bike i would rather keep it and turn it into a track bike like Meddiepie954rr said, but im just gonna get done school in decemer and right now i am in the market for a new car so i definately cant keep the bike get a car and get a new bike in the spring. i would like to get somewhere between 6000-6500 or more if i can and that would go towards a car.

p.s. i am also lookin to sell my 98 eclipse convertable
(i wanna get like a 95-99 BMW M3 with the money from both the sale of the bike and car......)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts