Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my better half may have an addition to the family. She is freaking out pretty bad but for some reason I have remained calm throughout the entire time. I've been there for her and told her I wasnt going anywhere either way. I'm pretty nervous inside because I dont think I'm ready for something like that. I'm only 21 but the way I look at it is shes on the shot so it has to be meant to be and it would have happened either way. I guess I'm just ready to face whatever is in store for me. I always vowed I wouldnt be a dead beat dad. What do I do now? Any advice would help.

thanks guys.

no we are not married but we have been together for about 2 years. Shes a Sophmore in college and I work full time and I'm going for my degree at night. I'm about two semesters away from my degree.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
well congrats man, some of my friends had kids young, and they are fine.
u will be in for a serious lifestyle change, but its a good thing in the end, just be prepared to make him/her your #1 priority in life.

·
Premium Member
14,336 Posts
You are taking it well. Sounds like you have your bases covered. Finish your degree.
It's a change but not something you can't work out. Lifestyle change more than anything. You need to tell her the exact same thing you just wrote down. You will be behind her, you will work your way through it and you guys will be fine. I didn't feel any stress until after my first was born. It's a different feeling when you are holding something you have to take care of, but it's worth it. You will do anything for them in the end. Save up what you can, look at your/her insurance because baby birth is not cheap!!!!! Hang in there. T

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm pretty nervous but I've kinda set myself up for this I think. I've got amazing credit I've almost got my car paid for and that will be my 2nd vehicle paid for. My bike recently got pretty jacked up by a buddy so I'm getting out from under that. I may not be able to get another for a while but being a daddy is more important. She has been wanting to spend every waking moment with me, she doesnt let me go to sleep at night because she wants me to just look at her and talk to her. It makes me feel really good. I just dont want her to hold a grudge against me for this because I know that she is scared. Shes only 19 so I can see where shes coming from. I'm not going to quit school I'm almost done and I've been going for years taking two classes here and there I've come too far to quit now. I make pretty good money and I've been saving for a long time to buy a house because I have been renting an apartment and it sucks A$$ throwing almost $8,500 dollars away a year. I had a broken home my parents divorced when i was 5 or 6 and I always said that wouldn't be me cause it hurt so bad. Thats pretty much the main reason I'm nervous well and of course because I'm bringing another life into the world.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm just trying to take it one day at a time. Thats really all we can do. She means a lot to me and I'm prepared to do whatever it takes. I'm actually very surprised, normally I'm the one that is always worried about this or that and for some reason I'm the calm one now.

·
Premium Member
14,336 Posts
Advice. Help out with the new one as much as you can. Even after a hard days work and school, always find time to spend with them. It's hard but it's worth it to everyone. You want to give them everything but at the same time it's not worth it if they grow up without seeing you... T

·
Registered
134 Posts
Im sure there will be some "rough patches" but you sound like a pretty good guy. I think you'll be fine, i can only imagine what youre goin throuh. im only 19 myself. I wish you all the luck in the world.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm pretty excited either way this goes. Shes seeing the Doc. now so I should know something within the hour. I'll keep you guys posted for sure. Thank you so much for the advice it really means a lot for you guys to not even know me and yet look out for whats best.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I was 23 when I had my 1st...you will be fine. Just make sure you finish school, you will need it. It will be a life altering change, no doubt. Your first thought will no longer be what you "want", but what the baby "needs". It's hard, struggles are coming along with frustrations....but I wouldn't have traded away any of that. It will all be worth one day when they are walking and you say, "Hey kid...go get daddy a beer!!" And they run to get it as happy as can be......lol

Seriously bro...you will be nervous as you should, but it will all work out...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was 23 when I had my 1st...you will be fine. Just make sure you finish school, you will need it. It will be a life altering change, no doubt. Your first thought will no longer be what you "want", but what the baby "needs". It's hard, struggles are coming along with frustrations....but I wouldn't have traded away any of that. It will all be worth one day when they are walking and you say, "Hey kid...go get daddy a beer!!" And they run to get it as happy as can be......lol

Seriously bro...you will be nervous as you should, but it will all work out...
Thanks Sandman for the leg up. I'm not really bummed out about it like I thought I would be. I mean when I was 16 and 17 and my girl would miss her period I would freak. But just knowing that she is someone that will stick by me and I'm older now, and almost done with my degree really helps.

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
i hate to say it, but you might want to give up riding for a while. since riding is 1, risky if you get injure, 2 expensive to keep. save those money and spend it on your baby. it will be much more rewarding at the end. think of it as moding your baby instead of a bike.

also like eveyone else have said. finish school. and make sure your wife finish school as well. your baby's future is depending on how much money the both of you can earn in the future.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts