Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed Arrow headers and now I've got these guys just floating here.

It used to be in here. Are the cables removed, zip tied, re-integrated?

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
I installed Arrow headers and now I've got these guys just floating here.

It used to be in here. Are the cables removed, zip tied, re-integrated?
i have never done so, but if memory recalls

you can trace those back up to the servo, and disconnect them there, just leave the servo in place else you will throw a MIL light.;

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where is the servo? I'll go ahead and disconnect them. Hopefully it doesn't involve too much disassembly...

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Where is the servo? I'll go ahead and disconnect them. Hopefully it doesn't involve too much disassembly...
in the back of the battery tray iirc.

sorry i cant be solid clear on these answers as i have an 06, have worked on 07+'s but not often

all i can say, is follow the cable for the most definite answer.

·
Registered
152 Posts
in the back of the battery tray iirc.

sorry i cant be solid clear on these answers as i have an 06, have worked on 07+'s but not often

all i can say, is follow the cable for the most definite answer.

he is correct, if you look under the tail section you can see it. might have to remove the can to have room to work with though.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
m0710n - I don't mean to hijack your thread but can someone in this thread please clarify for me, what the servo motor specifically controls in the exhaust system?

After searching through a few other threads, people are pointing towards the servo motor simply controlling a valve (open/closing at a specific RPM range) within the exhaust - is this correct? Or is there more to it?

BTW - If the actual servo motor case/housing is cracked (under the seat), will the cables still function ok or will it affect the ECU ? Just want to doublecheck, thanks.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
m0710n - I don't mean to hijack your thread but can someone in this thread please clarify for me, what the servo motor specifically controls in the exhaust system?

After searching through a few other threads, people are pointing towards the servo motor simply controlling a valve (open/closing at a specific RPM range) within the exhaust - is this correct? Or is there more to it?

BTW - If the actual servo motor case/housing is cracked (under the seat), will the cables still function ok or will it affect the ECU ? Just want to doublecheck, thanks.
the servo controls a valve in the exhaust system, which is there to influence the amount of back pressure that exists in the exhaust system, and thats all it does

the ecu does monitor for its functional status so it can alert you to a failure, which would or could be extremly detrimental to performance.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
the servo controls a valve in the exhaust system, which is there to influence the amount of back pressure that exists in the exhaust system, and thats all it does

the ecu does monitor for its functional status so it can alert you to a failure, which would or could be extremly detrimental to performance.

Man, that was quick - thanks !

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found the servo motor but I am having the worst time figuring out how to remove the cover. Can anyone tell me what I need to remove to get the servo cover off?
Will removing the cables cause the FI light to come on?

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
I found the servo motor but I am having the worst time figuring out how to remove the cover. Can anyone tell me what I need to remove to get the servo cover off?
Will removing the cables cause the FI light to come on?
removing the mechanical cables no, removing the wireharness wires, no

if memory serves correctly, you have to access things both from above, and below (seat removed, and under the battery box) to open it up

once there you should beable to pop the wires out of the cam.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I finally got them off. Thanks for all your help tenjin. :shakehand

·
Registered
162 Posts
so if this is not needed why is it in place?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
so if this is not needed why is it in place?
See Tenjin's response below. The aftermarket exhaust pipes don't have servo valve's and run like a straight pipe, but the stock pipes do so you'll have the extra wiring when you replace them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts