Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im tired of doing the one foot thing, especially since at this point i only use my bike for commuting. I dont do track, i dont hit the curvy roads, hell i barely go over 60 miles an hour at this point. I guess im getting old. My question is if i use one of those lowering links to give it a 1inch drop how bad will it effect my riding? i heard with those things if i hit a pot hole it can send me into space.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im about 3/4 of a inch away from having both feet on the ground, it might not sound like much, but both feet planted vs on almost tip toes makes a huge difference. This is the only reason im considering doing this. If it had to be 3-4 inches dropped then i can understand "looking elsewhere"

but because i dont think a 1 inch drop will affect that much the bike overall its a worth looking into, again i "believe" it wont, hence why i am here asking for advide on maybe somebody who has done the 1 inch drop.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I mean you're going to extend the wheelbase a bit so in theory the bike should be more stable which means turning agility will be somewhat reduced, likely only marginally and probably not the the point where you'd notice it commuting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts