Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i been riding for a while and feel like it time to tries to put my knee down

my question what king off gear do i need?

i dont want to buy a pair of leather pants

is there some kind of knee brace with pucks?

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Bro you need leathers in the event that you end up dragging more than just your Knee. And I dont think so.... there pants out there pucks installed in them that arent leather. Half the price... perhaps I may mistaken but I never even heard of such a thing.

D

·
0 Posts
1) Do not try to drag your knee.
2)
3) Profit.

If you try, we'll be hearing from you in the CBB section. Dragging knee is nothing you should aim to accomplish. Get your body positions right, take the turns correctly, and have the right amount of speed. If your knee touches, it touches. If it doesn't, so what?

But then again, if you want to drag knee but not wear gear, please, just go sell your bike and get a car. It will save you a lot of pain and money in the end.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guy for the comments

when i do turn (twisties) and what not

i feel as though i am almost touching the ground but have not lower protection thus i did not try to put it down

but from your advice

1) leather riding pants with pucks
2) do it track
3) never on street

???

D

·
0 Posts
thanks guy for the comments

when i do turn (twisties) and what not

i feel as though i am almost touching the ground but have not lower protection thus i did not try to put it down

but from your advice

1) leather riding pants with pucks
2) do it track
3) never on street

???
1) And jacket. Road rash is a bitch.
2) Yup. Safest places.
3) With all the sand, oil, dirt, debris, guard rails, cars, turtles, etc on the roads, would you honestly want to be leaned over trying to drag knee around a corner in the twisties, only to crash and go off a mountain, get hit by a car, injure someone, or impale your nuts on a guard rail?

Feeling low and being low are two different things. You can be hanging off the bike, going fast, be leaned over a lot, and not even have your close anywhere to sliding. Sometimes it's faster to not get over to the point of dragging. Most of the time dragging knee is a side effect of going too slow in a turn. Dragging knee is lame anyway. Knee pucks are ******* expensive.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Feeling low and being low are two different things. You can be hanging off the bike, going fast, be leaned over a lot, and not even have your close anywhere to sliding. Sometimes it's faster to not get over to the point of dragging. Most of the time dragging knee is a side effect of going too slow in a turn. Dragging knee is lame anyway. Knee pucks are ******* expensive.

Well put. :+1:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I love how some of you are trying to flame him by saying he wants to drag his knee without gear, when he clearly asked what kind of gear he should get...

D

·
0 Posts
I love how some of you are trying to flame him by saying he wants to drag his knee without gear, when he clearly asked what kind of gear he should get...
Reading is fun!
"i dont want to buy a pair of leather pants

is there some kind of knee brace with pucks?"

Some times it takes a little bit of tough love to make someone realise it's stupid to not wear gear.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Consider yourself addicted man! The track is a lot of fun.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts