Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a MacBook pro and a pc and I want to hook them up to my 55" 1080p LCD tv. what do I need to hook them up individually?

·
Registered
8,768 Posts

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
dvi is crap...get video cards with built in hdmi connections and go straight hdmi to hdmi
this is true, but hdmi is just now becoming comon place on video cards.

i have a pair of nvidia gtx285's and they still dont have hdmi*shrug*

·
Registered
8,768 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
dvi is crap? it delivers the exact same signal as hdmi in the application he is using it in, minus audio.

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
Well lets see here...

Unless his TV is capable of more than 1080p (its not because he said its not, and that res. isnt on the market yet) then lke I said, IT WILL BE MORE THAN ADEQUATE FOR THE APPLICATION HE IS USING IT IN!!! minus audio.

Since his TV is only stereo, however, he would be fine with analog audio connections.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Well lets see here...

Unless his TV is capable of more than 1080p (its not because he said its not, and that res. isnt on the market yet) then lke I said, IT WILL BE MORE THAN ADEQUATE FOR THE APPLICATION HE IS USING IT IN!!! minus audio.

Since his TV is only stereo, however, he would be fine with analog audio connections.
i always love more cables on my setups too.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm not really worried about sound as I'm merely going to b using this as a monitor when I plug my computer to it. I just think. 55" monitor sounds badass lol. but if I did want sound I would need another cable?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts