Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
I have to agree with rr3 unless your used to racing, seat time is the most important thing that will make you faster right now

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
520 conversion and -1 +3 sprockets should make you faster ... if you are already a track rider - the accelleration increase will make you a bit faster... but seat time is where it is at really

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
i am looking more towards the 1/4
Work on your launch and get it down good. If you do the -1 + 2 chain conversion you will pick up a lil better time but you gotta be good at launching with it or you'll get a 1 way ticket to the moon jumping off 8-10k.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
1/4 mile? definitly a sprocket change to -1 +3 and 520 conversion

more importantly though - practice your launches!!! reving up real high and slipping the clutch out

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
buy from Vendors on here dude!!!! I like to buy from Disco AKA cyclesector.com

also Hardracing.com

but basically ALL the vendors are great!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
definitely be careful practicing your launches though - you are putting alot of power on your left finger tips - take it easy and get a feel for it - no need to be real quick right of the bat

·
Registered
219 Posts
thanks man for the info...is ebay a good spot to get parts or do u prefer retailers
I'd stay away from ebay as much as possible. If you go through the vendors here or at least a good retail site you can always talk to people if you need help with something, or send it back and get the correct parts if it's not right. ebay has too many sketchy small time peeps.

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
there was a guy who i worked with, well he was a co op, he had a gsxr1000, like 09 i think. but he had the extended swing arm, the ostrich and chrome, he did have "NOS" haha

he had some of the tweakies up here (nasa) wire up a switch so he could enable his horn, or enable the nos, and one for disableing tail lights i think...
real +1 stuff ya know.

what i didnt like the most was how he lowered the front of his bike...

he used a tow strap connected to his brakes, wrapped around the triple trees and would
sintch it down to get the desired lowered effect...it was not cool.

but in all fairness to the OP,

less weight always makes performance gains .

·
Registered
108 Posts
And NOS dude!! :drunk: You gotta get the NOS!

J/K, and if anyone seriously calls it NOS, I will personally set you on fire.
THANK YOU! Finally someone else who can stay away from "The fast and the furious" lingo. :banghead:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.