Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking and looking for this particular bike..07 cbr 600rr, black and silver. i bought the same one brand new when they first came out, but 14,000 miles and 7 months later it got stolen. now im getting ready to redeploy back to the states, and i found what appears to be a good bike for me..i really only want an 07 cbr 600rr, black only...i finally found one at this dealership...what do u guys think? i can get it for 7500 OTD. i am willing to pay cash..

here is the link to the bike..please check it out and let me know what you think..

http://edirectmotors.com/bikes/07cbr600-blk-3k/index.htm

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
If your stuck on ONLY getting an 07' , then I say go for it. If you can afford to pay cash for it, you will end up happy knowing that you were able to break in the bike yourself and there and no suprises since its brand new! Just depend on if you care more about saving a little cash for a used with low K's or if you need to buy brand new and spend a bit more..

·
Registered
93 Posts
You can probobly get it for well under $7k. leftover 08's with 0miles are going for $8k or less. maybe consider buying from classifieds, i,ve seen alot of bikes in my area with less than 1000miles going for very cheap

·
Registered
7 Posts
That bike is EXACTLY like mine. Even the mileage. I paid 6500 on mine. If you have cash I'm sure you can bring the price considerably down. Just wave some greens and you'll see. :icon_lol:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea, i talked to the guy on the phone, told him id pay cash, but, he just wont go down at all...he wants 7500.. so, dunno wut ima do... im really stuck on a black 07, with low miles, and no crashes..but i know thats kind of a alot to ask, i dont mind too much if pay 500 over a private seller...but damn, maybe ill keep looking i guess...

·
Registered
159 Posts
I wouldn't pay more than 7,000 if I was you, I'd go for around 5-6. Plus their disclaimer regarding condition is pretty much "As Is" so they lose points for that too which constitutes a cheaper price in my opinion. If your dead set on getting that one I would visit the place with a friend (preferably one that is knowledgeable about motorcycles) and scrutinized that bike for any problems and use any you find to further lower the price, then talk to a manager and say you can pay full in cash (don't say how much actually got). I would say I have like 6 top on me to walk out with that bike same day. Haggle!!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Tell his manager that you have 7 cash and he wont work with you. Or ask to speak with the owner. In this economy the bosses want these luxury items off the floor, especially used ones.

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
Good idea he has

Tell his manager that you have 7 cash and he wont work with you. Or ask to speak with the owner. In this economy the bosses want these luxury items off the floor, especially used ones.

·
Registered
402 Posts
if ur willing to pay cash for the bike id go brand new, cash in hand talks BIG TIME, u could get '09 prob for 8.5-9k out the door with cash...if ya cant afford the extra $$ then finance whats left over, payments would be super cheap, but with cash in hand the dealer would prob work with ya...i just looked at the new 09' colors and the black/black is sick, im really liken the pheonix scheme they have goin aswell

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just bought the exact same bike with 4500 miles for $6000. It already had a Yoshimura slip on, and came with a two jackets and helmet.

SO shop around, there are deals out there.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Out here in Cali most 07s are already dipping into the mid- 6k range. W/ low miles, too.

Funny i am looking at the same bike (different location tho). I am in san francisco, where would these 07's for mid 6K be at? Cheapest i found is 7500 OTD with 4k miles on it.

Sorry if this is considered thread jacking :icon_stud still learning the forum :)

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Funny i am looking at the same bike (different location tho). I am in san francisco, where would these 07's for mid 6K be at? Cheapest i found is 7500 OTD with 4k miles on it.

Sorry if this is considered thread jacking :icon_stud still learning the forum :)
Honestly, they are between 7K-8K at the dealerships, where the OP is looking at...private sales is where you can get your deals for 6K-7K. If you have cash, look for a private sale somehwere if you want to save $$.

Also, remember you are negotiating over the phone, that really doesn't work to well. Take the cash in hand and go down. If he doesn't budge, then move on and like I said, look for a private sale..

·
Registered
108 Posts
Honestly, they are between 7K-8K at the dealerships, where the OP is looking at...private sales is where you can get your deals for 6K-7K. If you have cash, look for a private sale somehwere if you want to save $$.

Also, remember you are negotiating over the phone, that really doesn't work to well. Take the cash in hand and go down. If he doesn't budge, then move on and like I said, look for a private sale..
Cash is in hand but where is the bikes? I am looking for the orange/black though so maybe i'm limiting myself here... but is sexy and would match my orange/silver porsche LOL

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Buy a bike from a private party or dealer IN PERSON. Avoid buying from these fixer upper shops, you pay too much, they hide the history, and it's just plain shady in comparison to a straight up deal. That price sucks anyway on that bike. After reading their disclaimer, forget it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts