Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to its matte paintjob, i was told not to use car wash soap due to the mixture of wax in the soap. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
262 Posts
dishwash soap.....its way better at doing its job than any aftermarket special soap... "specially formulated, by scientist's, for deep cleaning in your paint's clear coat to protect it from the harmful sun rays, and the elements by using a specially formulated wax taken from the noses of small children, and mixed with baby seal tear's blah, blah, blah"

sorry.....yeah...dawn dish soap works good for me.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Back in the day, if you used dish soap your paint job was more prone to oxidize your paint job... Did they change what they put into them now?

·
Politically Incorrect
124 Posts
Back in the day, if you used dish soap your paint job was more prone to oxidize your paint job... Did they change what they put into them now?
it oxidizes your paint because it removes all wax from your paint thus removing the protection of your paint thus allowing oxidation

·
Politically Incorrect
124 Posts
Due to its matte paintjob, i was told not to use car wash soap due to the mixture of wax in the soap. Any suggestions?
ummmm.... i used meguiars gold car wash soap... 1 cap full and a gallon of water... bike looks like factory new again with the soap... whoever told you that in my opinion was an idiot... you can wash it with dish soap if you want but i will keep with my car wash soap... much more expensive but it makes me feel better that there is at least some wax protectant on the paint albeit not as good as paste wax...

what you should definately avoid is paste wax... paste wax is not recommended because not only is the bike meant to look matte but paste wax also destroys the look of the vinyl stickers... the paste wax will leave a thin white outline on the stickers making the fairings look terrible

but hey what do i know... im just a training wheel hero

·
Registered
214 Posts
i normally wipe it down on the weekends with a quick detailer from meguiars and a micro fiber cloth.....havent had the need to wash it since i wipe it down every week...and it still looks like it came from the dealer

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just spray regular water on the bike to get the dirt loose and rinse away, then use a microfiber cloth to clean up. No soap, no specially formulated liquids.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts