Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i read an article about how these engines made by kawi that are supercharged but crank driven for all the time insant throttle response. well in the magazine they were referring the motor from their jetskies to produce these in the zx-6r so it would be like a liter bike in a 600 soul..not like a turbo where there is a choppy lag or pause for power. i think this could really be useful and may be bad ass. what do u think? could u imagine a 180horse zx-6r...

·
"Superman dat hoe"
1,702 Posts
wait what? huh?

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
link for the article?????

·
Registered
172 Posts
Adding a supercharger is going to add weight. Probably enough to make it weigh as much as a 1000cc. Might as well just but the zx10r.

·
Brown at your service
3,493 Posts
In the article they were refuring to using the sc on the ZX6r since they use them on their jetskies. Kawasaki didn't say they were going to do it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
i read an article about how these engines made by kawi that are supercharged but crank driven for all the time insant throttle response. well in the magazine they were referring the motor from their jetskies to produce these in the zx-6r so it would be like a liter bike in a 600 soul..not like a turbo where there is a choppy lag or pause for power. i think this could really be useful and may be bad ass. what do u think? could u imagine a 180horse zx-6r...
I read this to in Cycleworld. But what's the point it's just cheaper to build a 1000cc.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
why not use the honda turbo 1200 aquatrax engine. would have more power than most honda cars

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Dude, i have been saying this for the past year... turbo's on bikes are stupid, superchargers are the way to go.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Dude, i have been saying this for the past year... turbo's on bikes are stupid, superchargers are the way to go.
**** I don't know bout that bro, my buddies turbo busa is the sweetest thing ever, talk about a wicked sounding machine. Not to mention runs in the high 8's with a streetbike no wheelie bar! belive me it's all he can do to keep it on the ground the whole 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
14,368 Posts
Calling a turbo *stupid* is a pretty broad generalization, and false. Properly implemented it's a perfectly valid solution.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts