Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying my first street bike and I know I want honda 600rr, didn't like the feel of the R6 when I rode it and the Litre bike was too much when I rode it. I found a bike that was laid down and there is some cosmetic but nothing major and the left side swing arm was scuffed up. The bike is a 2007 black with like 6xxxx miles on it, I don't remember for sure about the milage. The guy wants 4500. Anyone have any suggestions about the price on this bike? Good deal or No? The only reason I ask is because like I said I am just getting into this and still not quite sure about prices just yet. Thanks for any help, and hopefully I'll be on here soon after I get a bike.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'm looking at buying my first street bike and I know I want honda 600rr, didn't like the feel of the R6 when I rode it and the Litre bike was too much when I rode it. I found a bike that was laid down and there is some cosmetic but nothing major and the left side swing arm was scuffed up. The bike is a 2007 black with like 6xxxx miles on it, I don't remember for sure about the milage. The guy wants 4500. Anyone have any suggestions about the price on this bike? Good deal or No? The only reason I ask is because like I said I am just getting into this and still not quite sure about prices just yet. Thanks for any help, and hopefully I'll be on here soon after I get a bike.
I hope you have 1 too many x's on there. I doubt it has 60000+ on it!

It would be tough to call without pics, but I think new riders should start on a bike that if they drop it in a parking lot, in a slow turn, or off the kick stand they won't want to shoot them selves over it. Have someone who knows bike look at it to ensure it is only cosmetic.

Still be careful either way 600's these days are pretty fast for starter bikes, I am sure someone else will comment on that.

·
Registered
88 Posts
That doesn't sound like a bad deal but as previously mentioned see if you can get someone take a look at it first. Some frame damage etc. might not be noticable to the average person.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Also make sure it has a clean non salvage title!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Definitely get someone to go with you and make sure it is not a salvage title. My buddy got screwed out of alot of money. But that price doesn't sound bad. As long as its only cosmetics and not mechanical.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts