Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys and gals i don't know about anyone else but when i get off my bike i lock my helmet up to the bike with a gun lock. i put it through the rear pass. peg frame and keep the helmet on the peg. But today i stopped at wendys for lunch and just left my helmet on the bike without locking it up because i figured i would watch it from the window. Just wondering what everyone else does with their helmts? :ciao:

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
during the day i take in with me so its not getting sun baked, but in the evenings i leave it on my mirror when im out and about. No one here could steal a lid and get away with it. too many riders keeping their eyes open!!

·
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015
7,287 Posts
take helmet with...
even if someone can't steal it, they can in anger fuk-with it :evil:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Depends on where I am.

When I go to the park to skate I lock it with a cable lock that wraps around a pole and my bike.

My rule is, Less than 2 minutes and in MY plain sight....stays with the bike hanging from the rear peg. Anything outside of those 2 minutes or my cable lock means it is with me. Kind of a pain to carry it around, but much better than having some kid take it for kicks.

No helmet means no riding for me.

·
Registered
82 Posts
If I can keep an eye on it from where I'm sitting I lock the strap under the rear seat. Otherwise, its coming with - NE has helmet law so on top of the safety issue, it'd also be illegal to go home without a lid

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
I never leave my helmet unattended.
i dont leave my helmet. i will walk through the mall with that thing, or where ever it is that i must be. its not staying on the bike.

its too sexy. it will be had.

arai tommy gun

and i just orderd a BellStar Speedfreak. you can bet im not leaving this lid out to fend for itself.

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
i take mine with. too many idiots who don't realize that messing with it could compromise the safety, or scratching it. i just don't trust people, especially non-motorcycle people

·
BOTM Winner 05/15
9,996 Posts
Never leave my helmet where I can't see it. Not as worried about someone stealing it as I tossing my helmet on and it smelling like pee from some punk trying to be funny. Think I'm joking, I've seen it happen, luckily not to my helmet though.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.