Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
i'm sure many disagree with me, but I actually liked the 748 a lot better, but don't get me wrong, the 749 is one of the nicest bikes ever.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I dont understand why they keep using the old tubular frames on these bikes. It makes them look so old. it reminds me of a go-cart frame/chassis. Maybe its just me.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what i love bout Ducs.....those Tubs are different than any other bike and they look bad......bad meaning tight.....tight meaning cool......cool, well if you dont know what cool means well too bad. lol

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I dig the 749R, the S is OK but just barely competitive and the standard 749 and Dark edition are just not up to the level - plus the pricetag for an R is steep The 998S (or Final Edition) is one dead sexy bike, and a Monster S4R gets me all warm inside too. Hell even the Multistrada is a competent weapon once the suspension gets sorted and refined. I'll always have a soft spot for the VTwins. But if I had to have only one bike to do everything on it'd probably be a BMW R1100s Boxer Cup Replika. If I could have more than one bike I'd keep my 600RR and buy a KLR650 for everyday commuting...

Honestly I think my 600RR is the best looking bike out there right now. :D

V

·
0 Posts
joey t, That bike isnt 20K... it is around $13k for the dark.. I would still rather have a 1000RR. Even with an extra 150cc's, the Duc still puts out the same HP as our BEAUTIFUL 600RRs. I would be getting one of those for show only...actually I would get a 748S for show if performance wasnt a huge deal. The money saved would go towards the maintainence. The 748s look sooooo much better than the 749s.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
skeetem said:
i'm sure many disagree with me, but I actually liked the 748 a lot better, but don't get me wrong, the 749 is one of the nicest bikes ever.
Disagree? Hardly.
The 748/998 is poetry on wheels. the 749/999 misses the boat with the front end in my opinion. It is a technological wonder though.

Oh, and I think I remember corretly in that its $11k for the "dark", $13k for the standard 749.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
rezaRR said:
WOW!!!!! It's like looking at a woman that is way to hot to ever be with.
who constantly asks for money to keep her happy so that you can always ride her :blow:
so so true. HHAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
180 Posts
It seems like the bike sits too straight, by that I mean that the tail points too straight back. It should pitch towards the sky more I think. But that is being very picky about a beautiful thing.

·
Registered
157 Posts
There is someting I just can not stand about the headlights on them. I think it is the fact they are straight up and down.

·
Registered
161 Posts
i think i have to throw up :shock: it looks like a cyclops with a big ol badunkadunk

now this is a gorgeous bike! i'll take one in black please

·
Registered
61 Posts
JoshRambo said:
There is someting I just can not stand about the headlights on them. I think it is the fact they are straight up and down.
They're bright as hell and i dont think the're even HID's

a guy down the street has a 749s red and i thought it was a beemer with a headlight out when it rounds the corner.

very sleek

L

·
0 Posts
if ducati would take their heads out of their asses and make a bike that has decent maintenace intervals and didn't fall apart, they would triple their sales. hell, i would buy one!

until then they can take their 6k mile $1000 tune ups and suck it.

i understand they are all about the lineage of their engines, but if they don't update that **** soon they will cease to exist.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts